Content is displaying correctly on preview but wont show on live

the content on my home page on one of the languages is not displaying live and wont save the changes or wont display the changes, other pages seem to be displaying correctly. it happened after the last WP update, i updated the Pro theme and tried to add a new language to the site, after that, the main page on the main language didnt the content, but the header and footer are still there.

Thanks,
Byron

Hello Byron,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

the issue happens with the WPML plugin, if i activate the plugin back the content area disappears. how do i go about solving this issue?

Thanks,
Byron

Hello @CaribanaLinguistics,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As the issue revolves around WPML plugin, please take a look at the solution mentioned in following threads:

If the problem is still there, please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hi everyone!

I’m having an identical problem, I’ve gone through all the threads with people having the same issue… and I can’t figure it out. I’ve checked everything including other plugins, I’ve cleared Cache’s and I’ve even tried both the WPML cornerstone instructions (which say to use the classic editor and go by string) and your dropbox instructions for translation. Permalinks and directory settings are set correctly and I’ve checked all the settings to match with your earlier instructions.

I’m running a Wordpress Multisite… using the Pro Theme and the most recent versions of both Pro and WPML…

My current method of trying to translate a page is as follows:

1. I load the page to be translated in the Pro Editor

2. I click the flag for French language translation.

3. It asks me if I would like to duplicate the english page or start with a blank page (for the record I’ve done both!)

4. Pro creates the translated page. (I get the satisfying message saying translation created) I can make the changes to the page (either from the duplicate or from the blank).

5. Within the Pro editor I can initially switch back and forth and see the translation and the original page. BUT!!!

THE SECOND I CLICK TO VIEW IT IN THE BROWSER, CALL IT UP ON A DIFFERENT BROWSER OR EXIT FROM THE PRO EDITOR THE FIRST TIME THE FOLLOWING HAPPENS!

1. The screen is blank save for the title of the page. All the content has disappeared.

2. When I open the translated page from the pages menu, it defaults to the Text only tab which contains all of the Pro Theme / cornerstone Short codes but as soon as I switch to Pro it tells me that the content of the page has been edited outside of Pro and that Pro will clear the content (I can assure you I have not edited anything outside of pro)

3. When I try to edit it in Pro, the page is quite obviously blank, because it thinks the information isn’t there.

What gives? It’s clearly not saving the information correctly. Help! This is vital to several projects we have across the organization.

Thanks!

James

1 Like

Hello @jamesnoronha,

This threaded was started by @CaribanaLinguistics. Although the problem you are facing is similar but most of the time, posting in a thread started by someone else create lot of confusion resulting in slow response time and frustration for users.

It’s my humble request, please create a new ticket and share the relevant details in that. Someone from support team will take a look to help you out. For more details please take a look at following article.

Thanks for understanding.

i tried to follow the steps and the video guide, but still having the same issue

Hi Byron,

I accessed your website and found out that you have the homepage in Spanish and English. I went to the English version and changed the header to Language Servicess. (Added additional S) and the edit worked with no problem.

Please get back to us with the exact edit that you do which is not reflected in the front end to be able to help you with details.

Thank you.

hi Christopher,

if i try to add a page in haitian creole the content disappears, i had to delete all haitian creole pages in order to the spanish version to show up.

thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

It seems that you WPML and other WPML is out dated. Most of the time, out dated plugin could create an issue. Please make sure that every thing is up to date first.

Please let us know how it goes.

i updated the WPML and all others. Also i created an haitian creole version of the health page, and both the spanish version and the haitian version are not showing body. please take a look at the site with the credentials above and the actual error on site.

Thanks,
Byron

Hey Byron,

It looks like you’re using WPML’s Translation Editor. That is not supported
I opened your pages and I could not see the builder’s Language Picker or Translation Flags which is located in the lower right corner of the Header, Footer and Content builders. Those flags should show up in the builder because it’s the correct one to use for translation. See https://youtu.be/poH2Jhy5KM4

In WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages, please select Create translations manually and also remove the WPML related custom function in your child theme’s functions.php. Also temporarily deactivate all WPML related plugins and leave
WPML Multilingual CMS active only.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

how do i activate the language picker?? and i did all other things, if you can guide me in the process that would be awesome!

Thanks, Byron

Hi @CaribanaLinguistics,

What Christian is referring is the flag icons within the builder preview which should be active by default once WPML is present and active. This only means there is a problem with your setup and that’s because of the child theme.

And it’s because of this code from the child theme

function remove_polylang_wpml_filter_from_cornerstone() {
  add_filter('wpml_active_languages', '__return_empty_array', 999 );
}

add_action( 'cornerstone_before_boot_app', 'remove_polylang_wpml_filter_from_cornerstone' );

Try activating the main theme and those language flags (selectors) will appear. Then you can select haitian creole and translate, for some pages, it will appear empty since it was created from blank so you’ll have to fill-in the content manually. Or import the English/Spanish template to haitian creole page and translate it.

Thanks!

Hi, i activated the main theme, i see the flags on the bottom corner, still i tried to create or edit the content, but spanish content wont display after saved. Nor haitian creole.

thanks,
Byron

Hi @CaribanaLinguistics,

As for reference, I’m troubleshooting the Health page. I works okay and it saved okay, I changed the title to their locale counterpart. BUT, what’s weird is the changes isn’t reflecting in the front (live page), it remains empty. But in the builder, they aren’t empty at all.

Though, what I noticed is inconsistency in URL. The URL for spanish for Health is /salud/ instead of /es/salud/, and then /ht/health for another, and so on. Do you have custom permalinks? Please provide your FTP login credentials in a secure note, I’ll check if the blank pages triggers any error.

Thanks!

Ok, please find the login below.

Thanks, Byron

Hi @CaribanaLinguistics,

I think the URL format is correct. I checked the FTP and it’s pointing to empty folder, please point it to your site’s installation folder.

I noticed that the working copies health pages are now empty again in the builder. Something is off, do your host has some sort of internal caching?

Thanks!

i see, try the credentials below

My host is godaddy, how do i go about checking that internal caching?

Thanks,
Byron

Hi @CaribanaLinguistics,

Ah, it’s Godaddy. It’s known for caches issues including transients. Though, the credentials is seems incorrect, would you mind providing the exact procedures on how to connect?

I checked and it still the same, clearing the cache aren’t taking effect. How about creating a staging of your site? It should be doable in Godaddy hosting, and that should have no active cache.

Thanks!