WPML & Pro problem - preview HTML

Hello,

I installed WPML and wanted to translate the first site … but I only get the "Uh oh! The preview HTML did not include a closing tag.

I searched the forum and tried so many things you suggested, but I can not pinpoint the mistake. I tried it half day, but I can not get any further.

I provide you the link in a secret post.

Greetings
Dominik

Hi @DoHat,

Thanks for posting in.

I just tried it and I’m able to edit the standard page. Perhaps you’re trying to edit the translated page? If that’s the case, make sure your pages are translated this way https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0

Then make sure all your post types in your WPML settings are translatable.

Thanks!

Hello,

I do not understand what you mean. The video does not show the process “Edit with Pro”. I can open the German version, but no matter if I click on English in the Pro Editor, or put it in English before and then on “Edit with Pro”, there is always the message which you see in the screenshot. I tried it like in the video again, but it is the same result.

Greetings

Hi there,

I see it now on business page, and that’s because of the error in the secure note.

That’s from WPML plugin itself, I recommend contacting WPML. You can also try reinstalling the plugin and re-configure it. It looks like settings related Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Argument ID must be numeric and greater than 0.

Thanks!

Hello,

Just as an additional notice here, I’ve checked your website and I noticed that the PHP version is way too old on your server, it’s 5.5.38, could you please update PHP to at least version 5.6 then recheck this issue? WordPress requires PHP 7.2 or greater for better performance.

Thanks.

Hello guys,

I updated the server tonight, so it took a while. Has not fixed the error, but thanks for the hint with the PHP version.

I have reinstalled all WPML plugins - even without success. But I know when it works.
If I do NOT assign the menu in the header, then I can edit the English translation. If a menu is assigned, the error comes.

This is not a solution, but a new approach that I can try to fix somehow.

Greetings

Hello again,

when I choose a PRO Header and/or a PRO Footer - there is the error message.
When I choose the normal X Theme Top Bar with menu or the normal X Theme Footer with menu, I get the error message - for example:

`

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Argument ID must be numeric and greater than 0. in /www/htdocs/w00e1ede/hp_2017/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/w00e1ede/hp_2017/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-term-element.php(19): WPML_Translation_Element->__construct(NULL, Object(SitePress), Object(WPML_WP_Cache)) #1 /www/htdocs/w00e1ede/hp_2017/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-menu-element.php(17): WPML_Term_Element->__construct(NULL, Object(SitePress), ‘nav_menu’, Object(WPML_WP_Cache)) #2 /www/htdocs/w00e1ede/hp_2017/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-menu-element.php(27): WPML_Menu_Element->__construct(NULL, Object(SitePress), Object(WPML_WP_Cache)) #3 /www/htdocs/w00e1ede/hp_2017/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php(108): in /www/htdocs/w00e1ede/hp_2017/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php on line 28

`
For now, I can work with no topbar and no footer menu and translate the page. I will look for the error when the translation is done.

Hi Dominik,

I know it is happening and related to the header builder, but actually, the file which throws the problem is the core WPML file. Please kindly share the case with the WPML support and mention the same error and the fact that it is caused by the file inside the plugin itself and ask for the help.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.