Add revolution slider to header

hello- I am creating a page I have read this article

NO it doesn’t work- revolution slider does not work in the header- to be honest thats crap

its one of the free plugins you get with pro and it doesn’t work- I upgraded from themex and I can’t even add a revolution slider to the header???

Hi there,

Please kindly understand that we are here to help and we want to ask your patience here so that we identify the problem you are experiencing.

Please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note and tell us exactly what you want to do.

If you want to add the Revolution Slider at the top or bottom of the header section you need to follow this article to add the slider at the top or bottom of the header.

For more information about the Revolution Slider please check this article.

If the method above is not working then it must be a problem on your installation which you need to follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Read this article.

Thank you.

that article deals with X not pro

in pro there is no mastboard options per page to add a slider
This was a HUGE mistake going to Pro- every tiny little thing requires research-

I don’t even know how to change the background of the site to transparent to allow the background image to display
simple things like that- thats BAsic wordpress but in pro its a complicated mess http://staging1.kidsmagicworld.com.au/zxxx/

sorry you advertise you can get a site fast but to be honest I give up it will take months to learn and thats not good enough- I need to get my website running without screwing around and everything I see is screwing around.

I have now quit theme pro- I was a passionate x customer but after downgrading to Pro- I have become a hater this is horrible- I’d be ashamed if I created something like this

1 Like

Hey there,

The article @christopher.amirian linked to is applicable to Pro. I just tested it to double check. See https://youtu.be/EFzUnoKxxpQ

Regarding the background, the reason why you can’t change it is because your using the Ethos stack. It has a white background for the content. If you need to change it to transparent, you will need to override through the use of CSS. Please add this code in Theme Options > CSS.

.x-container.main:before {
    background-color: transparent;
}

We’re sorry to hear your feedback though and we hope you give another shot at using Pro.

Thanks.

so with the masthead option you are stuck with in on desktop and mobile

if you only want it to appear on mobile - too bad it will also appear on desktop and there is nothing you can do about it

could you change the name pro to inferior

Slider Revolution has its own device based visibility options. See https://www.themepunch.com/faq/slider-revolution-responsive-tutorial-5-0/

If you want to do that with Pro, that is also possible. Instead of using the Slider Above the Masthead (which is a long time X feature by the way), you can use a Text element in Pro and insert your slider’s shortcode. You can then hide the Bar on desktop using the Hide During Breakpoint feature.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.