Zoom automatically also scrolls unintendedly

Dear all,

Question: How can i solve the issue that the page is fixed at the currently shown top of the page, so that when I zoom in or out, the page does not scroll?

Context: On the Wordpress Themeco Pro page I built, when I scroll down the page and thereafter zoom in or out (Ctrl + scroll), the page scrolls up or down unintendedly at the same time as I zoom in (because objects above get smaller or bigger). This video shows how the page scrolls while I zoom.
Therefore, the page moves more up and down while zooming, the further down one currently looks at the page. How can I solve this issue without manual CSS/Javascript changes?

I hope my writing is understandable for you. I am very much looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Sebastian,

The problem you are describing here is not related to our theme and is beyond the scope of Theme Support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist with this or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

Dear Tristup,
can you kindly at least give me a hint in where the problem may be? Your opinion and thoughts are highly appreciated. Thank you.
Best wishes,
Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

I have checked your URL and it is under construction mode. Can you please give us access to the page so we can see it and investigate the issue?

You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Sebastian,

This is what I am seeing when I zoom in or zoom out in your site.

Be advised that when you zoom in/out, the browser will try to render the page by displaying the current center point of the page. If it is already too large, the scroll that you are referring to may happen.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you very much for your reply. is there a way to avoid the scrolling while zooming once the page is too large?

Hello Sebastian,

Regretfully the theme or page content does not have any control over how the browser renders the zoomed page. You may need custom JS coding for that which is beyond the scope of our support already.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.