YouTube video Muted on Slider Revolution

There is a Media Content of Type - YouTube Content in my Revolution Slider. The ‘Mute at Start’ is set to OFF but the vides still starts muted.

Thanks

Hello @Mang,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that the volume is not set to 0.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you Reunel for your quick response.

The volume is set to 100.

Best

Hello @Mang,

You have several sliders. Would you mind pointing out which of the slider is having the issue?

Thank you.

Slider Revolution -> WooCommerce Slider Static -> E-Commerce Slider Modal 1

Thank you

Hello @Mang,

I have checked your video and it looks like that audio is only audible after around 10 seconds.

Please watch the video directly on Youtube. Thanks.

Yes, that is correct. But when the video is played from the home page it plays muted, unless it is unmuted by the user. Please click the yellow play button on the YouTube video on the homepage, it will open the video, the video opens muted, although it is set unmuted on the slider.

Thank you

Hi @Mang,

It has been found that the video has been set with the Autoplay options, and as you know about the Autoplay Policy Change, you need to Muted the video, in order to start the video, automatically or wait for user interaction and play videos on demand unmuted.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Got it.
I have set Auto Play to off. Now when I play the video, it sometimes start unmuted and sometimes muted. Not sure what could be causing it.

Thank you

Hey @Mang,

You could try changing the video, instead of using Youtube video try a self hosted one, this should fix the video audio issue. You can do this by choosing HTML5 Video instead of Youtube Video option under Media Content section.

To learn more about video settings please see https://www.sliderrevolution.com/documentation/layer-video-audio-settings/

Hope this helps!

Will try the new video option.
Thank you.

Hi @Mang,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.