YouTube Url shows instead of video

Hello,

When I put the YouTube url link in the Embedded Video Box. When the post is viewed it shows the YouTube url instead of the video.

Thanks.

Hello Guiseppe,

Thanks for writing in!

Please be advised that you do NOT insert a Youtube link in the embedded code in the video element. You will need to get the Youtube video embed code.

Go to Youtube and watch the video. Find the Share button and click it.

That is where you can find the video embed code:

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your response Rue.

That is the code I used in the Wordpress dashboard under posts.

It looks like your screenshots are from Pro.

Do I need to set up the blog page in Pro?

Hello Guiseppe,

To embed the Youtube video in the Post meta box(Post Format Video), you need to use embed code. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

The Output on the frontend

In case if it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Post URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have 2 questions.

1. Where do you find the embeded code on YouTube? When I click on the Share option I get a url link.
  2. Does X recommend posting through Wordpress admin or set up a blog page with Pro?

Thanks.

Hello Guiseppe,

#1. I have answered this in my first response. Once you click the share button, you will see the URL link and above it, there are a bunch of icons like <>, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Talk, etc. icons as shown in my 2nd screenshot. You still need to click the <> share icon so that you will see the Youtube embed code.

#2. If you are using the Pro theme, you can go to Cornerstone > Layout Builder and create a single layout. You will then assign this layout as your single post layout. Once you already have a single post layout, you can simply add or create your blog post item contents in the WordPress Admin using the default editor. If you are not familiar with the Layout Builder yet, please do check this out:

Or check out this video tutorial:

Best Regards.

When I put in the code that you describe this is what I get. (the 2 top posts)

Hi Guiseppe,

Can you confirm that you’re adding the video embed code in the right place?

This is what an embed code looks like.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a3ICNMQW7Ok" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can simply right-click a video on Youtube and Copy Embed Code.

I also notice you don’t have a title for those two video posts, please add title to your posts.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Yes, that is where I put it. But I am not getting that code when I click on the share link.

I am not getting the code when I go to shareable link like you have instructed.

Hello Guiseppe,

I will repeat my previous reply above:

You will need to get the Youtube video embed code.

To do that, go to Youtube and watch the video. Find the Share button and click it.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you Rue!

You are most welcome, Guiseppe!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.