"X" WooCommerce Single Product Page covered by Footer?

Only on the single product page. It started a couple of X versions ago. Forced to update to current.
Highlights on “x-colophon bottom 1600 x 1577.61” with browser inspection. Not a CSS master…
Black and red rectangle is to redact friend’s info.

Hello Gregory,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please confirm that everything is up to date (WP core, X theme, and plugins)?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 9.0.8
  • Cornerstone 6.0.8
  • WordPress 5.8
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the reply Rue.

It is all up to date. Problem persists.

Will work on rest of list tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hey Gregory,

Are you still experiencing problems? We would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

Hello Rue,

Took me a bit to get back to you as I broke the site playing with it. Took me awhile to get it back to where it was.

Keep in mind I made this site for a friend, so do not judge me by its content. Also I made a special greeting for my friend in the top right corner, the “Howdy” message was changed. It was not meant for you, please do not take it personal…

I added css:

footer.x-colophon.top {
 display: none;
 }

footer.x-colophon.bottom {
 display: none;
 }

It temporarily solves the covering of the page.

Remove this css to see problem in woocommerce. You have to select a category like “mugs” and it happens on the next page.

Hello Gregory,

I have investigated the issue and I found out that you have inserted this PHP code in your child theme:

add_filter( 'ups_sidebar', 'x_woocommerce_sidebar' );
function x_woocommerce_sidebar($sidebar){
	if( x_is_product() ){
		return 'ups-sidebar-woocommerce';
	}
	return $sidebar;
}

The code above created a conflict because in theme files there is a function called x_woocommerce_sidebar(). Please have it renamed to custom_x_woocommerce_sidebar() to avoid any conflicts and resolve your issue.

Best Regards.

Thanks Rue.

Forgot about that. If I remember correctly, it was there so pages in WC would display WC sidebar. It was so long ago.

New releases to theme seems to have addressed the issue, so it is no longer needed. I just removed it all.

HI @Raziel,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.