X vs Pro newbie question

I understand from this post https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/theme-x-vs-theme-pro/3139 that

"At this stage the main difference is that PRO offers the header and footer builders that give you extreme possibilities to design your header and footer.

On the down side,at this stage, PRO does not offer demos as X."

I do have a bit of experience with a couple of themes and WordPress but not much. The only thing I was doing was to customise a few simple themes like Sterling, etc. Is for a X Theme newbie like myself easier to create a website using X theme and demos or PRO and templates? (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-theme-to-pro/362)

In the long run I’d like to be as future proof as possible and have it as easy as possible experience when modifying the website.

I would appreciate your prompt reply as I am now trying to decide if I should upgrade to PRO.

Thanks!

I was waiting for a reply (even automated reply) for quite a while but to no avail. Eventually, I upgraded from X to Pro which I am not too sure was the best decision as it seems that the templates are extremely basic and what probably would be more helpful for someone like myself (not really a designer, creative or developer, just someone who wants their website quickly up and running) demos would probably be a better option. I understand that demos are ready made websites I can use and make adapt by making small changes (please correct me if I’m wrong). I was wondering if I could purchase X license and attach it to the same website I have my Pro license attached to (have both X and Pro themes available to me on the same site). Can you please advise?

It would be really great to be able to play with X before being presented (‘forced’ seems to be a better word) with a Pro upgrade option. This really confused me, I felt manipulated and I wasn’t any wiser after reading your articles and watching videos. I used support to get some answers but after a long wait I made a decision that seems to be incorrect now. I feel now I ended up with the product which I might not even use. I think you should change the way you promote Pro theme.

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

Please keep in mind that X theme is good for newbie and intermediate users. The demos and the customizer manager will help you easily start your own site by utilizing the demos or use the customizer manager to have the same X theme settings from one installation to another site installation.

Pro theme on the other hand is good for intermediate and advance users, designers, developers or someone who want to create something beyond X theme especially in lay-outing the header or footer.

If you re unsure and want to use the demo contents first, you may install X theme first, import that demo contents and switch to Pro theme after. This could save you time if you want to have a site similar to one of our demos with the modified headers or footers.

By the way, you can use X and Pro license for the same site. Just remember that you can only activate one theme in WordPress at a time.

Hope this helps.

If I switched my license to Pro can I then uninstall Pro, switch to X (but my license is Pro!?), import the demo contents and switch back to Pro?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! The demo content section in X would still work even if you will not validate X. And yes, you can still validate X using Pro license only if you have upgrade from X to Pro.

Please let us know how it goes.

I switched theme from Pro to X and demos where there.

I tried to setup one of them (Ethos 3) but it didn’t work at all. Please see what I’m getting below:

Also, when I try to activate Cornerstone I’m getting “It is impossible to use Cornerstone though (Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cs_generate_data_attributes() (previously declared in /home/tn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-video-lock/functions/includes/cs/helpers.php:4) in /home/tn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/helpers.php on line 144).”

Please assist.

Many thanks,

Jay

Hi Jay,

Thanks for writing back. Though you can do what you’ve tried (importing a demo in X) then switching to Pro and it should work. We wouldn’t technically recommend it, as you’d still need to build your headers out and your footers.

Based on the above, the shortcode output is because Cornerstone isn’t working/activated. Make sure if X is installed, Cornerstone is activated.

If Pro is installed and is the active theme, ensure that Cornerstone is deactivated beforehand, that way the output should work correctly.

Thanks!

Agree! I am really psyched to use X theme, but in all my research, I never found any clarity that Header and Footer template building needed another upgrade–to Pro. Also, the ‘Sale’ for X is confusing, on Themeco. Is it $45? Which is what I purchased. Now, if I have to go PRO-I have to pay another $34? I’m not sure where the Sale is?

Agree with Jay_B. I am really psyched to use X theme, but in all my research, I never found any clarity that Header and Footer template building needed another upgrade–to Pro. Also, the ‘Sale’ for X is confusing, on Themeco. Is it $45? Which is what I purchased. Now, if I have to go PRO-I have to pay another $34? I’m not sure where the Sale is?

Added this comment to the main page-I think-of this topic, because I would love a response!
cheers,
Mahria

Hi there,

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

The Pro theme which includes the Header and Footer Builders is a separate product sold by Themeco and here is the pricing:

If you already purchased the X Theme and you are interested in Pro because of the Header and Footer Builders, you can convert your X Theme to Pro and you need to pay for the difference. Here will be the steps to convert:

We will be happy to follow up with your question in a new thread that you will open up.

Thank you.