X Theme to Pro

Hi there, I bought X Theme and during the downloading process it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to Pro and I did that. Now I have X Theme and Pro themes. I realize this may be a simple question but I am fairly new at this and am only looking to build a personal blog and don’t want to screw anything up. Can I activate X Theme, download and integrate a stack from X Theme and then active Pro to get the immense customization options for the blog? Will it be a smooth transition?

Also will there be any demos coming out for Pro?

Thanks so much in advance

Howdy, @saythemword!

Great question! While X and Pro share similar features, over time they will differentiate more as we integrate more of the features from Pro’s header and footer builders into the rest of the theme. For this reason, you cannot setup a website in X, then switch over to Pro. You will need to think of them as separate themes and want to use them as such.

While Pro does not have any “demos” like X’s Expanded Demos, the templates included in Pro’s header and footer builders are indicative of how building out site’s in Pro will be going forward. Different sections of your site can be completely built from scratch, or started from a template to begin designing. These templates will give you a head start with your headers and footers for the time being, and then you can build out your pages utilizing the page builder to suit your overall design. You could certainly even model your own layouts after demos from X, but you would need to set them up individually.

Hopefully this helps to point you in the right direction. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.