X Themeco upgrade issue

We tried to upgrade X themeco for our site migrate.fossilgroup.com like we did a week back for dev.fossilgroup.com. We performed the same suggested below steps. However, we are getting error and site has become inaccessible.
Please suggest on this.

• Upgraded php from 5.6 to 7.4
  • Deactivated and then deleted the Cornerstone
  • Updated the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  • After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest versionimage.png
  • Cleared all type cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Here is the error

Hi @cbotello,

Thanks for reaching out.
Sometimes only screenshot doesnot help us to recognize the issue you are having. We need to examine your site to get the cause of the issue. I would suggest you please provide login credentials for your migrate site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials to access tha files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

There is some font size issues after the upgrade. Do we need to change the code in css of parent theme to resolve this or is there any other option to solve this…?

After Upgrade: image

Before upgrade image

Attaching the x theme css which is taking after upgrading

Please help on this.

Thanks,

Hi @cbotello,

This might be the problem with cache, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

If that does not helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

I have already cleared the cache.

In the theme update, the font size got changed for the class. Please refer the screenshot provided above. Can we change the css code in the theme editor?

Hi @cbotello,

You can override the CSS by adding the custom CSS into the Theme Options > CSS or Page CSS of the specific pages.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

It is inheriting from X theme.

Hello @cbotello,

You may override the theme style through the custom CSS code or please share your site and its admin login details in the secure note so that we can have a closer look.

Thanks

Hi Team,

That issue has been resolved. and now we are facing another issue regarding filter for posts.

Regarding the other item that was out of sync after the theme switch, *the News page filter function
Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to repair this as well

Hi @cbotello,

Unfortunately, the migrate and the dev both the site is not accessible and shows the 403 error. Still, by seeing the screenshot it seems that it is an ongoing issue with the current version of the theme which has already been fixed in the upcoming release. As a temporary solution, you can add this line of code under Theme Options > JS.

if (window.jQuery.xIsotope) window.jQuery.xIsotope.settings.animationEngine = 'css';

That will prevent the jQuery errors and restore masonry functionality.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi @tristup

It resolved the masonry functionality.But the filter option is still not working.

Hi @cbotello,

As I mentioned in my last comment that dev and the migrate both the site is not accessible and can’t recognize the problem you are having. Can you please set up any of those and let us know for further investigation along with the credentials.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

Actually we set the site as private and only accessible through our network. Please check https://www.fossilgroup.com/news/. You can see the filter options are working there. After the update the filter option is not working. Only the “All” is displaying there and other filter topics are not clickable after migration.

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi Smitha,

There might be several reasons behind your issues, and it will be very difficult to recognize the exact reason without investigation. I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the X and Cornerstone by following the below steps.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be in the latest version

After you update the X and the Cornerstone,please check once by clearing all type cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

If that does not help, you need to provide the credentials of your website where you are having that issue. Please remember that we don’t offer any support or investigation on custom coding or modified child theme.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

We already cleared the cache. please find the below links for more details.

Summary

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rC_yMQiV1sg7-1D7QY72FGxd2fpTEYyU
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rC_yMQiV1sg7-1D7QY72FGxd2fpTEYyU

Hi Smitha,

The shared file needs access to view. I would suggest you create the share link with the Anyone with the Link option and share the link in the secure note to check.

Thanks

Please check now.

Hey @cbotello,

The JS code provided earlier will temporarily fix both the masonry and the filter.

If the filter still doesn’t work, it could be that there’s a 3rd party plugin or custom code affecting it. With that said, please do all of the following troubleshooting steps also:

1. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  2. Theme Update
  3. Child Theme
  4. Css/Js Customization

Please get back to us with the result of each test. If none of those steps fixes the issue and you can’t make your site public or allow us access, regretfully, we cannot provide further help.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi Team,

We have restricted the access to our network only. Please provide your Public IP to whitelist.

Thanks,
Smitha