X Theme version 9.0.8 and Cornerstone 6.0.8 not working

Hello everybody,

I just updated the X theme with the 9.0.8 version and Cornerstone with the 6.0.8 version, and the website crashed due to an error with Cornerstone.

I’m in maintenance mode now. Among the messages showing up in the backend, this seems to be the issue: One or more plugins failed to load correctly. You can find more details and make changes on the Plugins screen.

When I refresh the page, in a message the system tells me that “Cornerstone is activated”. However, when I go to the plugin screen, I notice that Cornerstone is paused with the following error:

Here the text in case the image is not visible:

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 55 of the file /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php . Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php:55 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php(63): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(107): Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->resolve('Themeco\\Corners...') #3 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(96): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve('Themeco\\Corners...') #4 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(66): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services('preinit') #5 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/boot.php(21): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->initialize(Array) #6 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/cornersto

Cornerstone paused prevents me to work on the website.

Could you please indicate how to resolve this error? We have a valid X validation key, which is correctly active on our profile, and X and Cornerstone are up to date.

Looking forward to receiving your kind reply.

Thank you very much,

Alessandro Pinton

Hello Alessandro,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that it is an issue of version compatibility issue. I would suggest you please make sure your WordPress and PHP versions (7.4 or 7.4 plus) are updated as per our version compatibility page. It is also recommended by WordPress as well. Please have a look at this article.

I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to upgrade the PHP version to 7.4 or 7.4 plus. After updating the PHP version as per our version compatibility page if it doesn’t work for you, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Prakash,

Thank you for your reply.

We have the latest version of Wordpress (5.8.1), but we have PHP 7.0.33. Additionally, I am already working in a staging area right now.

Please if you could let this ticket open so I can check this out and come back to you when I have updates.

Thank you very much,

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

Your current PHP 7.0.33 version is causing the issue. Please ask your hosting provider to change it to PHP 7.4 or up.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.