X theme license and purchase code not working

I’m new to Wordpress and downloaded the X theme yesterday from envato. I received a purchase code. When trying to activate cornerstone on my site I have to submit the purchase code, which I did and it continues to tell me that it cannot find the code. This is the message “We’ve checked the code, but it doesn’t appear to be an Cornerstone purchase code or Themeco license. Please double check the code and try again.”

I have purchased this with a regular license through envato and it said that cornerstone would be included. I’m really frustrated.

I have copied and pasted it numerous times as well as hand typed it in making sure there were no mistakes. Help! What am I missing?

-R

Hello @RiverDR,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the problems you are facing while validating.

Please kindly go to the licenses page of your Themeco account and delete the domain set to the purchase key you mentioned. Then add the domain again and follow the Validation Steps.

If you still have problems validating the product, kindly get back to us with the User/Irl/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the theme.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response. I didn’t realize I had to set all this up through themeco for it to go through. I don’t have a domain set to the purchase key. Would that be under production or staging?

Hi there,

You could attach two links for each license you have. The staging site will be the link to your development site if you have it and the production site is for the live site.

Please note that it is not necessary to have both fields filled in with a link. If you only have the live site, you can just add the domain name in the production site.

Hope this explains it.

Ok i did that and it’s still not working. I don;t have a live site but one in progress, just getting this whole process going.

Hi there,

The reason why it does not work when you try to complete the validation because you are trying to use your X license to validate Cornerstone.

What you currently have is a license for X so in order to successfully go through the validation, you will have to have X installed and enabled on your site. Cornerstone should then be automatically installed and activated as it comes with the X license.

So kindly install X first then use your X license to validate your installation.

Hope this helps.

Oh geez! Yep that worked. Thank you all so much for helping out a complete newbie. I really appreciate the kindness and how quickly you all have replied. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.