X theme - Email Form plugin - critical error message July 2022

Hi team,

I’ve just installed the x - theme email form plugin. I’ve connected to mailchimp and that side of things seems to be ok. However, when I select X > email forms > Add new form from the wordpress homepage for my website, I get the following error message?

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Please can you advise?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please confirm that you have installed the latest version of the Email Forms plugin?

You can check the latest supported and available version in this documentation:

Best Regards.

Hi Team,

I can confirm I have the latest version as I only installed it a few days ago!

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi team,

To confirm, this error code is still showing.

I’ve connected to mailchimp and that side of things seems to be ok. However, when I select X > email forms > Add new form from the wordpress homepage for my website, I get the following error message?

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I have also received the automated wordpress email: Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Email Forms.

Please can you advise?

Hey Ryan,

Please enable the WordPress debug mode so that we can check the issue properly. Please check this article on how you can enable it.

It would also be best if you could share with us your admin credentials and FTP access. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi, the reply toolbar on google chrome does not show the secure note option you have highlighted.

Instead, it offers settings > hide details? Is that the same thing?

Summary

This text will be hidden i.e. I should put the information after the above coding? with the details coding below?

I also just tried Microsoft Edge and the same response bar is showing!

Thanks,
Ryan

I’ve just logged out, and all of that information is visible to the public. So how can I share the information privately?

Hey Ryan,

In your post, you can find the secure note option, please check this out.

Hope that helps.

Hello Ryan,

I tried to access your site but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send us the correct login details.

Thanks

Sorry! Please try again :slight_smile: Thanks!

I should also mention that I got my hosting provider bluehost to check for critical errors on their end and they couldn’t find anything, and therefore recommended me to contact theme forest.

Also, I am getting the error message when I select Pages >, from the wordpress dashboard!

Hey Ryan,

I check your website and I suspect that the issue has something to do with the PHP version because currently, you are using PHP 8.0.17. That being said, I highly suggest to reach out to your hosting provider and ask them to change the PHP version to 7.4 as WordPress PHP recommended version.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Problem solved - thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Hey Ryan,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.