X-Theme 9.1.4. update crashed my website

Hello,

I’ve updated the X-Theme from the Version 8.3.3. to the Version 9.1.4. and my website crashed completely and this error message appeared “A critical error has occurred on your website”.
Fortunately I made a backup before and I was able to recall the backup.
Could you please help me with this problem? Thanks.

Best regards.

Hello @mediamacs,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s,

I troubleshot my website with your suggestions, but none of those worked.
I found out that the Cornerstone plugin and the X-Theme cause problems.
I provided the Wordpress Logins ect. in the secure note, so you can investigate the problem.

Here are the results of the Cornerstone plugin conflict, which changes the whole headings, posts etc. and also the result of when I changed the X-Theme to a Wordpress Theme.

Thanks.

Hi @mediamacs,

I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the X into it. If the issue still exists in the staging server, please provide login credentials for your staging site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello @tristup,

i provided the login credentials of my staging site in the secure note.

Thanks.

Hello, @mediamacs,

I checked your both site it seems that both sites are working fine at my end. I would suggest you please update the theme on the staging server then check it. If the issue still persists I would suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the theme.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates or download the fresh copy from the Themeco dashboard account
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version

Please must purge all the cache of the server so that the latest code renders properly. In case if it doesn’t work for you please let us know.

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s,

the website still worked because I made a backup before and recalled that after the problem. I have now done the following steps and it worked. However, the animations have now disappeared from the home page, even though they are set up in the backend.

The animations are the “…” at the beginning of the title and the numbers from 0 to 10 further below.

Do you know why? Could you please check that?

Thanks.

Hello, @mediamacs,

I checked your site it seems that your site animations are working fine. It might be the cache at your end. I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again or it would be best if you could check it in the private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Hello prakash_s,

the website worked, because I cancelled the animation and put the animation text as a plain text. Now I had another problem with the filters. I recalled the old backup, because the whole filter function didn’t work anymore. When I clicked at a filter the portfolios lay on top of each other and when i clicked a second time nothing worked anymore.

Thanks.

Hello @mediamacs,

I checked your both site it seems that the filter is working fine at my end I would suggest you please update the theme or recreate the issue so that we can check it at our end.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.