X and Cornerstone doesn't work

Problem with Cornerstone, don’t upload the page, don’t upload the stilish option, it’s impossible to change color, font, measures for homepage and so on.

Hello Barbara,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the website that’s listed on licence manager page and I see that you are using old version of X Theme and latest version of Cornerstone which might be causing compatibility issues. I suggest you to please update X Theme to the latest version.

You can take a look at following resource to update X Theme and Cornerstone.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

the link to dowload the new version ?

I 've tried to upload the new zip version, but the message is "expired link ". I’ve the screenshot but it’s impossible to send you the img

Hi Barbara,

This usually happens when the upload_max_filesize value of your PHP settings is less than the size of the file you are uploading.

If you have an access to the php.ini file of your hosting, try adding these code in the file:

upload_max_filesize = 64M
    post_max_size = 64M
    max_execution_time = 300

You can also check http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/

Or you may also get in touch with your hosting company and have then double check the following values above.

Another option would be to upload the theme manually through FTP. Go to wp-content/themes then upload the unzip x folder there. Login to the admin area and you should see X installed in the theme’s page.

Hope this helps.

This is my php setting:
memory_limit 512M
max_execution_time 300
max_input_time 60
post_max_size 64M
upload_max_filesize 64M

Cornerstone does.t work

Also I’ve download the last version in Envato but the version is the old, so where is the link to download the X 6.4.6 and Cornerstone 3.4.6 ?

Hi Barbara,

Upon checking, I see that you have a Pro theme license and not X theme. Pro theme, you will have to download it from Themeco dashboard and not through Envato account. Pro also does not require Cornerstone plugin as it will be integrated the functionality into the theme.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

I’ve buyed the x theme in Envato https://envato.com/ and the Pro from you. I’ve installed X but Cornerstone doesn’t work and in Envato there is only the old version of X. So I provide you the credential, where is the secure note link or Private threads ? to send the infos by “secure note” ?

Hi there. Cornerstone has stopped working so we can’t edit our pages. I have the latest version of X theme. When we deactivated all our plugins Cornerstone started working. But if any of the plugins are running then cornerstone doesn’t work. This was not a problem for 12months. But in last few weeks it became a probelm. Please help!

I am having similar problems to Barbara, please see below

Hi There @barbara

Please click on the secure note icon below one of your posts, to submit your credentials, so that we can take a closer look at your issue.

@hughviney … Could you please open up a new thread and post your login credentials as well in a secure note, so that we should be able to assist you accordingly.

Thanks!

Hi Barbara,

The theme and cornerstone versions are still incompatible, I checked my Themeforest account (Envato) and it has the latest versions.

The possible cause why it’s not updated properly is because of the folder name. You have installed the entire zip package to your site (x_package.zip) which results to this

You should unzip x_packaged.zip from your computer, then find x.zip and install/upload it to your site. The folder path will then result to /themes/x/ instead of /themes/x_package/x/.

Please try moving the /x/ folder outside /x_package/ folder through your FTP or hosting’s file manager. The path must be /wp-content/themes/x/. Then try updating it again, since it’s already validated.

Thanks!

I’ve moved the X in the following path /wp-content/themes/x/. Now the licence is not valid both, not valid: license Envato (X Theme) and Themeco (Pro). and now ?

Hi Barbara,

I have regenerated your .htaccess file by head over to Settings -> Permalinks section and then by selecting the option postname.

Now when checking your pages, I was able to edit them using Cornerstone editor (see secure note below).

Make sure to clear full cache on your end, test loading Cornerstone and see if that works.

Thanks!

Sorry, Cornerstone don’t work. Loading message again.I send you the screenshot

Hello Barbara,

I have logged in to your site and edited the same page as shown in your screenshot which is the social media page. I could not replicate any issue at all.

Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode (Chrome’s incognito mode) and test Cornerstone again.

Sorry, but Cornestone don’t work.
Result of this morning.
1 the page: content development, seo consulting, real time analytics, social media management and branding (all pages of menu) are totally blank;
2 don’t upload cornerstone,
3 problem with cache (I’ve tried Chrome’s incognito mode),

It’s impossible to continue whit this problem…

Hi Babara,

Do you have any internet connection related issues ? I have tried editing the same page and I was able to edit it using Cornerstone without any issues (see secure note below).

I still believe this issue could be a caching or internet connection related issue on your end. Could you please try clearing full cache by following this guide (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/) and re-test this issue again.

Also I would suggest you to test it on different browsers as well.

Thanks!

I’ve added the google code for the XML map in the “editor” -> header.php, after that, all pages become blank. Where can I add the code ?

Hi @barbara,

You shouldn’t do that and I can’t provide any recommendation of how it should be added since I’m not sure what XML is it. Where do you get the XML and is there any instruction how it should be added?

Thanks!