X and Cornerstone doesn't work

XML from Google, usually I add the code in the header.php

Hi Barbara,

Please remove your custom code for XML. There is the SEO Yoast plugin which generates the XML site map for your website:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I don’t want the plugin… only for a small code…It’s better to add the code in the correct page…

Hi Barbara,

May I know the XML code? Even if it’s simple, it shouldn’t be just added since it could break the site. And please provide the URL of the instruction about this XML so we could verify if it’s fully doable without a plugin.

Thanks!

www.ojungle.com

Hello Barbara,

XML from Google, usually I add the code in the header.php
Sorry, but I don’t want the plugin… only for a small code…It’s better to add the code in the correct page…

We have a unique template system which allows us to use 4 stacks in this theme. Editing the header.php is not recommend because it will break the layout or result to an error. And because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Add custom XML code before the head tag
// =============================================================================
function add_xml_code(){ ?>

You will insert the xml code here

<?php }
add_action('wp_head', 'add_xml_code');
// =============================================================================

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

I’ll try…
Another answer regarding Articles pages for example:

http://ojungle.com/analytics-brand/

why the theme upload the img “Become a member” and orange color ( left img and color orang for left txt: “Articoli recenti”).
The only color for me is fucsia (strong pink)

Hi Barbara,

I checked and can see your image urls have been appended with something like pagespeed.ic.t-lhZZA0R6.webp
This is added by a thirdparty plugin which might be the one causing the issue,

Can you try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I’ve cancelled the img, it’s not thirdparty plugin the problem but now I’ve this result
It’s X theme right sidebar

Hi Barbara,

Sorry for the confusion, and as addition Pagespeed is also a hosting feature which can only be turned off through the hosting panel.

As for the issue, would you mind providing clarification of what you wish to do with that? As initial checking, it’s an image added to the text widget in that sidebar, and the image URL is dead (404). Perhaps you wish to remove it or change the image URL? You can do both within the text widget in Admin > Appearance > Widgets

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.