Wrong Inheritance of Accordion properties

This is happening in Pro 6.2.6, but I am posting it here since I know you are making further improvements to the accordion in this beta. It might already be resolved. I have not checked myself in the beta release. Anyway:

I have an exported component, it is an accordion, and it has a looper consumer enabled. When I insert it on the page, it will be placed in a parent Div with a looper provider. In this configuration, the Accordion looks as designed in the component builder.
The second scenario is that I want to divide the consumed elements (a list of publications) into two parts (old ones and new ones). For this scenario I first place an accordion on the page with two items (header “new” and “old”), and in each item separately, I turn on the corresponding looper provider. Into those items, I place the exported component.

Observation: The header of the component-accordion inherits the formatting of the header of the parent accordion. Examples: Color of the icon-indicator (but not the indicator itself), amount of indicator rotation, formatting of the header text (such as Bold, Elipsis, text color). Some of these “wrong” formattings are already apparent in the builder (elipsis), the others are visible only on the front end.

You can see the behavior on this page: https://stria.tech/testpage. On the top is scenario 1 (component in a Div, with the correct appearance), below that the divided scenario, with nested accordions.

Edit: I have just realized that I have posted something similar before: Pro 6.2 Bug in new Accordion, although in that thread, it was NOT a problem on the frontend, only in the builder. There, I was building the nested accordions directly. Here, I insert the nested accordion as a component.

Give it a try in 6.3.0 and let me know if you still have an issue, the styles will be scoped now. I double checked with components and they are fine too. Have a great day.

1 Like

Thank you, Charlie! I will test it, and report back if I encounter any problems.

2 Likes