WPML: URLs in Component Parameter fields

I’m trying to figure out the best approach to this problem.

in our components, we have URLs entered into parameter fields

image

specifically, we have a link to an PDF in English and need to update the translated page to the French version of the PDF.

I believe that Media Translation would (should?) work on this if we actually used a media file or native WP link.

is there a way I can get the URLs to display on the translation page?

I’ve read through a handful of other posts and it sounds as though a filter might exist that exposes the URLs for translation, but I wanted to confirm everything before blindly trying code snippets when I’m not 100% positive that’s what they’re for.

@Charlie?


Hey @splaquet,

We would be happy to double check your site if we can log in. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

image

Best Regards.

thanks guys, appreciated. secure note added.

@ruenel… any chance you’ve been able to take a peek? if not, think it’ll happen sometime soon?

Hi @splaquet,

I have referred this to our developers, and it appears that Components aren’t translatable themselves, and parameters aren’t either, right now. We are waiting for WPML 5.0 to be released, which will add layout translation support (headers, footers, singles), and then WPML will tackle Components and parameters.

Cheers.