WPML: Translation overwritten by the default language

Hi!

WPML strikes again. If I get a coin for every WPML issue… :slight_smile:

Recently I translated a website into German. There was quiet some work to do when translating the entire homepage.

After some additional work on the homepage, suddenly the entire work is gone and the German page is now showing the default site language.

I was reporting this issue back in '18. It looks like it still happens.

Is there anything I can do to stop this, or I have to save a page template each time and check everything all the time. I am getting so tired from WPML.

Thanks!

1 Like

That login didn’t work, but I started having this issue as well and I think I might have some solutions. I’d first check in translation management that that page isn’t in some weird in between state or in auto translate mode. I’ll mention this is still happening to us to WPML. I do think we’ll take this into our own hands though, and every save from our system is going to have to remove their actions till they can prevent this for page post types. I was able to fix my stie with this and I’ll try to get this into a point release soon when I can run through it more. It’s essentially the snippet below.

add_action("cs_before_save_request", function() {
  remove_all_actions('save_post');
});
1 Like

Thanks @charlie, I’ll test it out and report back!

I made a password reset, in case you still need it.

I noticed that this issue is pretty common in other builders as well…

1 Like

Hi @Misho,

Please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks

I discovered that I had many other pages overwritten. Many hours of work undone. Well, such is life, lol.

I am still not sure if this is happening after applying the fix. This is most certainly a massive issue to address to make sure these things don’t happen.

Thanks!

Hey @Misho,

Let us know if the issue comes back.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.