WPML translate _x_video_embed

Hi, I’m updating a website to X.
I need to translate the “Embedded Video Code” (_x_video_embed) for some post, I’ve got a WPML full license with all componente enabled, but the embed video force itself always as a copy from the original post.
How can I setup X to translate it?

Thanks for help
Joël

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You will need to translate X theme by utilizing the x.pot file. To learn more how you can translate X, please check out this knowledge base article:

Hope this helps.

There was a misunderstanding. I don’t need to translate the theme it self, instead I need to have different content for embedded video in post translations, but the X Theme setup this meta of the post as copy from original and I can’t change it’s translation configuration.

Thanks

Hi there,

I really don’t understand which section you are talking about. You gave a screenshot of a WPML setting which I don’t understand.

I double checked the whole code of our theme and the only places that it is added :

wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/admin/meta/entries.php

You need to give us context here and tell us exactly what you want to do if you do not want to translate the theme what else you want to do?

Thank you

Hi,

I’ll try to explain what I need: I’ve got a website in italian and english.
I’ve got a video post and it’s translation and I need to have 2 different embedded videos, one for english and one for italian, but I can’t translate that the embedded video because each time I save the translated content is replaced by the original one.

Thanks for your support

Hey There,

Thank you for the clarifications. To translate the “Embedded Video Code”, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

function my_custom_video_strings($translated_text, $text, $domain) {
	$translated_text = str_replace("Embedded Video Code", "insert your translation", $translated_text);
	return $translated_text;
}
add_filter('gettext', 'my_custom_video_strings', 100, 3);

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hi,

the code written in the function file worked fine, but it’s not what I need. It seems we can’t understand each other.

I need to have a different video in original and localised post, it doesn’t really have any influence the name of the field shown while editing it.

This is a screenshot of the differences I need in original and translated content, but each time I save the translated value get replaced by the original one.

Thanks for the help

Hi there,

Now I understand the problem. Unfortunately, you can not translate the Video Posts with the Translation Manager. Instead, you need to clone the post.

There is a bug in the translation manager integration which our development team is working on.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.