WPML multi-domain support status

Hi there,

I found a few threads on the forum from earlier this year indicating that Pro currently did not support the multi-domain feature in WPML (having a different domain for each language). In the current version Cornerstone still gives the error regarding misconfigured URLs when trying to edit a translation.

Do you have a status on this issue, or know of any workarounds?

Thanks!

Hi @Frimatek,

Thanks for reaching out.
If you want to use separate domains for each language, I would suggest you go through the following article on this.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Dear @tristup, thank you for your reply. I have succesfully set up the domains as described in the article.

My question relates to what seems to be a compatibility issue with Pro. I’ve found some previous threads about this, like this one: The preview could not load due to misconfigured URLs (WPML - different domain per language)

It seems that Cornerstone can’t handle multiple domains with WPML. I’m curious if there are any known workarounds or if there’s a status on a possible fix for this issue.

Thanks!

Hey @Frimatek,

Regretfully, our development team said that there isn’t a viable way to support multiple domains due to some user session problem.

I’m sorry to say that there is no workaround. Please just note that though WPML multidomain worked in the past, it does not mean that we have official support for it.

I’d recommend you stick with subdirectory setup as it’s the widely used setup.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for your response, I can see how that could be an issue.

At least it’s good to know it won’t be possible to solve, so I will look for another way. Thanks!

Hi @Frimatek,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.