WPML incompatibility

Dear support team.
I have a website build with X-theme (with cornerstone) and use WPML for translation - http://rafaelarigoni.com
I am no longer able to translate pages/posts on my website. I either get only old original text and old translation (when I update a page) or an empty translator where I cannot see any original text or translation (see attachment).
I have contacted WPML support, who says there are incompatibility problems. Surprising, since both X-Theme and WPML explicitly advertise compatibility. Is there any planned solution for this?
In any case, after a few unsuccessful attempts for a solution, WPML support is advising me to ask the theme authors to register elements as a workaround, and referring to this documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-the-cornerstone-page-builder-x-theme-compatibility-with-wpml/
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/
They are also asking me to add cornerstone in a “sandbox” or test site they have made to further help, potentially. I have not found a way of doing that.
Could you help me with the above questions, please?
Thank you,
Rafaela

Hi Rafaela,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your WPML plugin,.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,
Thank you for your response.
I followed the steps and :

1. problem persists
  2. if I disable also WPML I cannot check it, of course, but disabling other plugins the problem persists
  3. problem persists
  4. I do not use a child theme
  5. there are no codes added
  6. this is an ongoing issue, it seems, based on the documentation I sent before
    I’m sending you the required info.

Here some more info on the problem:

1. I built the pages in English and had them translated to Portuguese. All worked fine.
  2. Then I changed both the structure (cornerstone blocks) and the content (text) of the pages in English. All good.
  3. When I went to update the translation to Portuguese, it did not work. When I clicked the circle arrow to update the translation, the problems were:
    3.1 In some pages I got to the advanced translator without the new content I have included, but just the old original text and old translation - ex. research page
    3.2 In other pages it goes an empty translator where I cannot see any original text or translation - example teaching page
    3.3 yet in others I get an error - example talks page

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello Rafaela,

Have you already translated the Research page to Portuguese? When I check the translation, it is not completely translated. Only the titles were translated into Portuguese. See the secure note.

Kindly review our documentation on how you can translate the page using WPML.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ruenel
Thank you. I have been definitely following the steps on how to translate a page using WPML. If you look at the back end, what happens when I try to update the translation of the research page is that the new text - new blocks I added when I updated the page- simply does not appear (see screenshot attached and compare with the text in the page, please).
Also, on the other cases, I still cannot see any original text when I try to translate the page (see other attached screenshot, for teaching page). Again, these were all pages that I have updated and updating the translation is what is giving trouble.
Thanks

Hello Rafaela,

Since you have built the page using the Pro Editor, you will have to translate the pages within the Pro Editor also.

See the screenshots in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Dear Ruel,
Sorry, I don’t get it. The button you are pointing at in the secure note is the language switcher within cornerstone that lead me to the page in the corresponding language, not to any back translation editor. Do you mean by that that I have to translate everything manually as if I had no WPML installed, or in other words, that WPML and X-theme absolutely won’t work together?

Hi Rafaela,

The X Theme and WPML plugins will work together because WPML is a support plugins with our theme. What my colleague trying to explain to you is to save your English Template then load the template to your other language by clicking the language switcher and just change the wordings. You need to manually translate the page in order for them to work.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.