Wpbakery builder icons not showing and cornerstone pages show code in editor

Hi X Theme

I have two issues affecting many of my sites and they have been for a while. I wanted to know if there is any progress on this?

1. The WP Bakery builder icons are not showing in the editor which makes it hard to distinguish the content for my clients when editing. See this support thread: WPBakery Builder front end wont load
    I wanted to know if anything has been done about this yet?

2. For many of my sites that have pages created in cornerstone, when my client logs in to edit the page editor shows code with cornerstone shortcodes. When my client edit this the cornerstone page is then broken and cannot be edited with cornerstone. I was given a function to add which hides this code and have been using it but again wanted to know if and when a fix for this issue is going to be included in an update.

Thank you

Tamsin

Hey Tamsin,

Regretfully, there is no solution to the WP Bakery builder plugin yet.

Regarding the Cornerstone shortcodes, please try scrolling down the WordPress editor page because, in the last updates of WordPress, the “Edit with Cornerstone” or “Edit with Pro” button is pushed below the content area.

The Essential Grid plugin is also known to hide the edit button so please temporarily deactivate Essential Grid if you’re using it and want to edit the content with Cornerstone.

Thanks.

Hi X Theme,

Thank you for that info. It is not an ideal situation and I hope it will be resolved soon.

One of my sites does not even show the edit with pro icon and the function you provided doesn’t seem to work either to hide the shortcodes.

This will likely cause a problem if my client logs in to edit their site!

Could you have a look and help me please?

Hi @pyntolimited,

This is more of a styling issue that is already corrected for our next release. But there are numerous other ways to edit the content with open the post/page with default editor. For example:
1. On the front end, however on the WordPress toolbar [X/Pro] button and click “Edit Page”
2. From All Pages in your dashboard, click the “Edit with [Cornerstone/Pro]” link
3. Go to “Content” inside the app and find your post/page.

The Essential Grid extension is hiding the button, so if you are using it, please deactivate to edit the content with Cornerstone.

This article can be helpful to you in this regards.
Please remember that we don’t offer any support to the custom codes or issues related to it.

Thanks

Thank you, there was a plugin conflict hiding the edit with pro button so I have resolved that now and used the function to hide the shortcodes.

However the issue I still have is none of the icons show up in the WP Bakery builder so when you have a page to edit you can’t see what type the elements are. It makes it difficult to work with.

I hope there will be a fix for this soon? I say this as in a previous ticket I was told it was a known bug.
Thanks

Hi @pyntolimited,

It’s great that you can resolve it at your end. Regarding the issue with WP Bakery, I would suggest you check out the Automatic Updates in your WP dashboard and our changelog instead.

Thanks

Hi

I am sorry I don’t quite understand what you mean.

I have X Version: 7.2.3

and WP Bakery version 6.2

Are you saying that I need to have different versions in order to resolve the icons not showing issue?

Thanks

Tamsin

Hello Tamsin,

Sorry for the confusion. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you in advance.

Ok I will do that.

Hi @pyntolimited,

It seems that the WP Bakery page builder is pointing to some of the old font files, which is no more exists with the updated themes.
I would like to suggest you deactivate Cache and Optimization plugins and retest it. If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access as you did for your live site.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.