WP Bakery Page Builder Activation

I have WP Bakery Page Builder installed but when I attempt to navigate to the activation screen I get “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page”. Reading the WP Bakery documents it says your theme developer may have disabled the activation page. How do I get around this issue?

Thanks

Hello Ricky,

Thanks for writing in! The WPBakery Page Builder is bundled in the theme. We will be providing the updates of the plugin. We also have removed the activation page.

Have you purchased a separate license code for the WPBakery Page Builder? If that is the case and you may need to activate the plugin. Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

remove_action( 'vc_before_init', 'x_visual_composer_set_as_theme', 99 );

You now be able to insert the plugin’s license code. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Please let us know how it goes.

Yes, It was a really old purchase I thought I could use. All I’m trying to do is customize the layout of my product pages using a template page. Is this possible with X and Conerstone or do I have to create a child theme and write my own code?

Hello Ricky,

In case if you want the edit the product layout with WPBakery Page Builder it is not possible. You can only edit the product content with the WPBakery Page Builder since the page builder works on only page, posts and custom post type content. For that, you need to go to the Role Manager —>Post Type --> as custom—>Product

In case if you want to customize the layout of the Product page you need to upgrade the X theme to the Pro theme where you would get Pro builder to create a custom layout for the Products.

Thanks

Thank you. WP bakery also has an extension which allows for editing the layout of product pages. I had both installed, but if it’s offered in the pro version I’ll consider upgrading.

Thanks

Hi Ricky,

It seems that you are trying to edit the Single Product page using the WP Bakery plugin. You can use any of the available addons WP Bakery which offers that customization. Alternatively, you can use the Layout Builder if you are Pro installed on your website. Please find the detailed documentation on Layout Builder here: https://theme.co/content/layout-builder#layout-builder-single-templates

Hope it helps.

I upgraded to pro. It’s exactly what I needed!
Thank you @prakash_s @tristup @ruenel

Hi Ricky,

Great and you’re welcome! If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.