Wordpress site (X theme) still pointing to old hosting after migration - part 2

Hi @Rad

I’m creating this post as continuation of my earlier post here which was closed already.

First, thanks for your support and help… My question now is, how do I repeat the migration as you suggested? I have already deleted the website in my old hosting. Do I need to re-upload it in the old hosting?

Thanks,
Michael

Hey Michael,

Since you don’t have access to your old host anymore, you will need to do a manual migration assuming you still have the WP files and database. For more details, please see Moving WordPress.

Also see the proper migration of Cornerstone in this article.

I also see that you’re using the latest version of Cornerstone but you’re X version is old. You would need to update X too. It looks like it’s a pretty old version so you might need to manual update.

Thanks.

Thanks Christian. Let me check that. Did you get to see the history of my problem in my prior post here?

Just so we’re on the same page. :slight_smile:

Hello @rustedfingers,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

You can re-upload but you also have the option not to to re-upload the file to old hosting. Here is what that needs to be done.

1. Assuming that you have uploaded the website to old hosting: Install All-In-One WP Migration from Plugins > Add New.
  2. After that Click on All-In-One WP Migration > Export.
  3. Install the same plugin to the server wherein you want to migrate the website. And over here click All-In-One WP Migration > Import and select the imported file.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Let me try this and let you know…

Hope you won’t close this post. Thanks.

Hi there,

No worries. This thread will remain open until 10 days without any activity.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Can I get help as now I could not access the other pages in my website. The 404 error was not happening before I raised this problem to the support forums so I’m not sure if it got broken in the process of troubleshooting it…See screenshot. Also, I’m a bit confused what to do next as there have been different suggestions posted. Can you kindly let me know again just to be sure? Thank you.

Hi,

Try to update permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and click on Save Changes button.

Thanks

Hi,

What update do I need to make please? Information in Permalinks seems correct.

Hi,

You don’t need to change anything, just click on Save Changes and will update your .htaccess file.

If that doesn’t work, try to rename your .htaccess file located at the root directory of your site to .htaccess.bak
Then go Settings > Permalinks again and click on Save Changes.

Thanks

Thanks! this worked… I could now access the other webpages and also can launch Cornerstone again.

Some files and plugins are still being accessed from the old hosting.

See below…Any clue?

Hi,

Try to install this third party plugin

Then do a search for your old url and replace it with your new url.

Hope that helps.

I did that already but still did not work

Hi @rustedfingers,

The All in one migration plugin should automatically change the URL, it’s automatic. If it fails, then any URL editing plugin will fail too.

I checked your site and it’s not just those URLs in your screenshot, but the whole site remains served through www.digitalsolutionsbymd.com. The source codes remain the same if you’ll check it in the browser.

There could be two possibilities,

1. It’s served from page cache since URL replacement only works with the database.
  2. Your site uses database caching, the URLs are replaced in the actual database, but the data from database cache is the one being pulled.

You could try cloning your site in a staging to a different host (just for testing) and so we could compare your setup.

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you suggest a host I can use that is free or cost effective to do this?

Thank you for your help as always.

Mhac

Hi,

You can try cloning it to your computer.

https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html

Hope that helps

Thanks. Let me try this and give feedback.

Sure, let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi,

Is there a XAMPP for Windows 7 64-bit? I can only see 32-bit… :frowning:

Hello @rustedfingers,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website of XAMPP project and it seems that for Windows they don’t provide 64 bit variant. As an alternative you can take a look at WAMP application.

Thanks.