Wordpress 6.2 Error

Same.

I can only imagine the panic at Theme.co right now. Who knows how many tens of thousands of sites are down right now without the ability to push an update now. Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re going to be educating an insane amount of people about how to go manually drop in a theme update that will fix the issue once theyā€™ve resolved it.

5 Likes

@PremierWeb, yep. Thereā€™s a reason I stopped writing code and this is one of them. Out of curiousity, is everyone up to date with Pro version?

Yup. WP should never, ever push a core update automatically. Honestly canā€™t believe that happened. I thought it was only for minor security patches but this is a BIG problem.

Yes, Pro 6.1.9

Itā€™s set at the site level typically. The link in this picture is actually a toggle that will flip back and forth between just security or major release auto updates.

Lesson learned - Iā€™ll be going through all my sites and ensuring theyā€™re all set to maintenance release only.

Where is that setting managed though? How are you getting to that config option?

Under the wordpress updates page

/wp-admin/update-core.php

Our 44 Pro website dashboards are all down here too.

1 Like

All down here too. This should be fixed now. Thanks for all great advice for possible roads until it is fixed.

Iā€™m having luck adding the following. We do not use this filter or add to this filter so Iā€™m trying to figure out whatā€™s going on. No amount of RAM will fix the issue as itā€™s in an infinite loop. Please follow the guides above and if you have FTP access see if the following helps.

remove_all_filters("gettext_default");

Did not work for me unfortunately

Does this go in wp-config.php?

No, this would go in functions.php but so far hasnā€™t worked for me.

What worked for us is to use FTP/FIle Manager and go into wp-content/themes and then add ā€œ-oldā€ to the PRO folder. Log back into the website, install WP Downgrade Plugin, downgrade to 6.1.1 and then take the ā€œ-oldā€ off of the PRO folder in your FTP and it will work with the last version of WPā€¦for now

1 Like

This did not work on another dev environment so scratch what I said earlier.

I was wondering why all my sites have just gone to 503 error. Oh what a kerfuffle! Lesson learntā€¦ gonna be switching to maintenance only auto updates from now om :joy:

If someone with some experience can add to the following file. Weā€™ve tested in two separate environments, but we will hotfix this soon. Itā€™s with legacy MEJS elements so you probably donā€™t need the rest of that file on a recent site. Something with the localization changes in 6.2.

return; // Add to line 194 .

framework/legacy/functions/plugins/cornerstone.php

1 Like

Will there be a new update on X theme?

1 Like

Yes we will be updating soon. I was looking for one more confirmation, but will do so without it soon if no one is available.

1 Like