Wordpress 6.2 Error

Good night, Pro does not work with Wordpress 6.2. Memory errors seem to occur. It is not possible to enter the administration section either.

Best regards,

David.

3 Likes

Yep, trashed my site as well.

1 Like

We are experiencing the same issue with WordPress 6.2. All Pro theme sites are completely crashed.

1 Like

Killed the first site I tried it on as well

2 Likes

Same here, Wordpress 6.2 crashes on all of our sites with Theme-X Pro!

2 Likes

Hey Theme.co Folks,
This is a rather important issue - sites are down. It would be nice if one of you could acknowledge you’re aware of the issue and working on it rather than leave us guessing.

Or is this not covered unless we buy the new support subscription? Please advise.

2 Likes

Same issue verbatim.

[29-Mar-2023 19:29:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/my_directory/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4256

There are several other lines similar to this in the logs as well.

Please give us an update on what is happening ASAP. Thanks

2 Likes

I am also experiencing the same issue after upgrading to WordPress 6.2

2 Likes

Same exact problem, has hosed my site and am having trouble even reverting to a backup on my hosting provider at the moment. Tried to debug on my local machine, but keep getting database communication errors even after raising the memory limit, so I’m a bit stymied at the moment. Please help!

1 Like

My hosting provider was able to switch the core files back to 6.1 and it fixed the issue.

2 Likes

I’m looking into it.

2 Likes

Thanks @charlie

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve just had 100+ sites go down across different hosts as the Wordpress 6.2 update is being rolled out automatically on those sites. Having to currently go manually revert back to 6.1 and disable automatic updates on each site to bring them back up.

3 Likes

The restore does actually work but if the site has automatic core updates enabled then on the first load after a restore it’s immediately upgrading to WP 6.2 and crashing the site again.

4 Likes

Here’s what I did for the first site this happened to. God knows how many more may have auto updated (even though that should never happen IMO. esp if it is a major release.):

1. FTP in and move PRO and PRO child out of the Themes directory
  2. Upload twentytwentythree or other default theme if it isn’t there already
  3. Log in to admin, make sure the default theme is activated
  4. Install “Core Rollback” plugin and roll back to WP 6.1.1
  5. Disable automatic core updates
  6. Place the PRO and PRO CHILD themes back in the themes directory
  7. Reactivate PRO CHILD

UGH… but it works

7 Likes

Appear to have the same issue as the others in this post. Disabled the auto-update across my platform as quickly as I could.

1 Like

If you’re going in through FTP you can also just add the line below into your wp-config.php and then drop in the 6.1 files over the current install.

define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', false );

2 Likes

do you mean in wp-config.php or functions.php?

I meant wp-config.php lol. Sorry, trying to quickly add in help here while fixing 100 sites bleh.

1 Like

Same. Unreal

2 Likes