Wordpress 5.5 & X PRO 3.2.3 Weird Error

Greetings Themeco Teams,

Hope you are well today.

Today i just upgraded my Wordpress to 5.5 latest version with X PRO 3.2.3 installed. (I’ve done my backup before do the upgrade just now.)

I had a few error came out on the screen. Picture attached to this image.

Is there something wrong?

It seems couple of refresh seems ok back but… i feel it buggy. Also giving me and error “HTTP ERROR 500” too… after refresh seems ok again

Please help.
Sincerely
Ady

Hi @platinumcode2013,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Please also add this line of code in your wp-config.php file, so that we can debug the issue of your website.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Greetings my dear Themeco Team,

I tried to reinstalled back with my latest backup again today using Duplicator Pro (thank god), and seems fine to me right now… Its really scare shitless of me dude… its my major work of my new company i just been employed!! gossh!!

Now i am scared shitless to upgrade to a latest Wordpress 5.5 with X Pro 3.2.3, hope you guys can enlighten me up about the updates and the bugs… i cant afford to loose this project!

I always do backup before major upgrade.

So far now i gonna stay with this version.

Sincerely
Ady

Hey Ady,

Please first note that our Pro 3.2.3 doesn’t have issues with WordPress 5.5 except for one minor layout issue which is not related to your issue here.

The issue you experienced is most probably a result of caching. It looks like your host has a builtin caching feature and that the cache needs to be cleared each time you make a change in your website especially when doing updates.

Cache clearing is one of the Troubleshooting Step each time there’s an issue with your site so please confirm that you have done all of the Troubleshooting Step listed in our Common Issues article here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

Also, it is strongly recommended that you test updates on a staging site so copy your live site to staging and do test all updates in there.

If you found issues on staging, we could also freely troubleshoot as there’s no risk of breaking anything as it’s a test site. You can provide us with the staging WordPress Admin access and we’ll investigate.

Thanks.

Hi There Christian.

Greetings, hope you are feel good today.

I may found the culprit after going through TroubleShooting Step. As what you said that the issues is mostly cache problem. I deleted a plugins cache that i installed before. It seems work for now. I think… no weird error, HTTP 500 thingies… it also affect my permalinks too…

Its seems that Wordpress itself has no elegant solution about this cache problem while we editing heavily in Wordpress.

Its all up to the hosting we rent/bought it. I’ve seen Go Daddy Hosting Wordpress has embedded (u cant install it) the plugins for clear cache, I used that before and works wonder.

Sadly, i dont see any good plugins clear cache yet that simple to setup for to rectify this cache problem.

Maybe you have something in your mind?

Sincerely
Ady Adnan

Hello Ady,

We do not have anything that we can recommend as well. It is best that while you are editing, you temporarily deactivate the caching plugin. You can turn them ON once you are done and ready to make the site live.

Best Regards.

Hi there Ruenel,

Agreed! I’ll do that… i might get into more study about cache plugins advanced setup later on.

Sincerely
Ady

Hello Ady,

Great, please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.