WordFence and Pro Theme not playing nicely

I’ve opened up a ticket with WordFence, but in the interest of time, I’m also asking here.

We are using the Theme.Co Pro theme. When we attempt to edit a page, the Cornerstone editor spins and spins on the left hand side unless we disable WordFence plugin and reload the page.
Once we do that, the editor loads properly.

I have gone in and personally disabled every WAF rule a batch at a time (10-30 at a time), saved, and then tested the issue again. None of the rules when disabled appear to be blocking Cornerstone editor, but ONLY when we disable WordFence does the editor work. Obviously, there could be two rules which have to be disabled, but the Rubik’s cube possibilities of that are beyond my willingness to try by hand.

I’ve also set WF into learning mode and tried to edit, but even in learning mode, it’s still blocking the editing function.

Has anyone else run into an issue with WordFence and Cornerstone editor? What did you do to resolve it?

Hey Lane,

Thanks for reaching out!

I tried to replicate your issue in my development website by installing WordFence plugin but the editor just load perfectly! That being said, it would be best if we could check your WordFence setting so that we can check it properly. Please keep in mind that WordFence is a 3rd party plugin and it is outside the scope of our theme support to dig down with the issue but we just want to check if there’s something we can do on our end. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.