Woocommerce Archive pages not showing placeholder image

We have uploaded a placeholder image that shows on the product detail page and a carousel plugin, but not on the shop archive pages.

https://cook-specialty.comstarhost.biz/product-category/airbrush/

Site is WordPress 5.7.2, WooCommerce 5.4.1

Thanks

Hello @comstarsupport,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site URL it seems that there is a plugin conflict or custom code that is overriding the default placeholder image source URL. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @comstarsupport,

Normally, you will have to set the default product image in WooCommerce > Settings > Products > General > Placeholder image. With the Pro theme, you also have the option to go to Pro > Theme Option > WooCommerce > Shop > Placeholder Thumbnail. I tested to insert default placeholder image in the mentioned places. Even then, there is no default placeholder image in some areas. I suspect that this is a bug in the latest release of the theme. We will be informing our developers about this issue for further investigation.

Please bear with us.

Thanks. Looking forward to a solution.

Hi @comstarsupport,

You are most welcome.

We swapped the placeholder image with a new one in the location you suggested, however the existing one is persisting on the product detail page. Any ideas?

Is there any news on the initial issue where the placeholder does not show on archive pages? We want to launch the site soon, but this has to be corrected first.

Thanks

Hello @comstarsupport,

It has been already reported to the issue tracker and queued for investigation by our development team. Regretfully there is no ETA at the moment. Please stay tuned for succeeding theme updates.

Thanks for understanding

Do you have any ideas about why the new image is not showing on detail page? Thanks

Hello @comstarsupport,

I checked your product page, it seems that the product featured image is working fine at my end. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note. Would you mind sharing the exact product URL so that we can check it?

Thanks

One product that has the previous placeholder image showing is https://cook-specialty.comstarhost.biz/product/dusts/bronze-luster-dust-2-gr/. The homepage uses Woo Carousel plugin that shows the newly uploaded placeholder, but that image is installed directly in the plugin and is not the generic placeholder. Thanks

Hi @comstarsupport,

I have checked the Woo Carousel plugin and it has a separate option to upload the Empty Thumbnail and when it didn’t found the Featured image for the Product it replace with that image in the carousel. That is why it shows that specific image in the carousel.

Thanks

Yes, I am aware of that. The question is why doesn’t the new file (that is installed on the carousels) not show on the detail page? Even though I’ve replaced the old placeholder file in Pro/Theme Options/WooCommerce, the old one saying “Image Unavailable” still shows on the detail page. I have purged the server cache and my browser cache, but it still shows the wrong file:

Hi @comstarsupport,

The Plugin does not override the Product details page thumbnail image, it only works within the carousel block.

The issue related to the new placeholder image is not replacing the older one could be a bug in the latest release of the theme and my colleague has already reported it in our issue tracker for further investigation.

Thanks

Actually, I don’t think they reported the issue of the image not being swapped when a new one is installed - that just came up today. They just reported the issue where the placeholder does not show at all on the archive pages. Thanks.

Hi @comstarsupport,

Our developers will check this thread and they will know all your concerns. Rest assured that this will be check properly.

Thank you.

Thanks. Lots of confidence in your team here, too!

Hi @comstarsupport,

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.