WooCommerce Archive Layout - Conditions Ignored, Old Header Showing

We created an archive layout for our WooCommerce store, set the conditions to “Product Taxonomy IS Category” and it’s completely ignored. The old built-in Woo layout keeps showing for category archives. Cleared cache, deactivated plugins, makes no difference.

Additionally, in the editor preview, the original WooCommerce title and sub-title show above the custom layout. Why is it adding this? This is set up exactly the same as other sites we’ve done with Pro and those work fine. Not sure what’s going on here.

Lastly, if {{dc:archive:name}} is the code to show the Archive Title, what is the code to show the subtitle?

Hello @co50,

Thanks for writing to us.

I can not check your site since you have not given admin privileges to this user account. The issue generally happens due to cache I would suggest you please purge all the cache and recheck it. If you set the condition for the Shop it will be rendered on the category archive page as well. Or you may set the condition for a specific category like this. Product category You category name.

In case you have not seen the doc of the conditions and assignment please have a look at it to learn more about how to assign the layout to the archive page.

Regarding the archive subtitle are you pointing out the product category description? You can use this dynamic content code. {{dc:term:description}}

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello,

This morning we noticed all of a sudden the page conditions have taken effect. We use Cloudflare so we can only guess they were caching the old settings. We had deactivated our cache plugin and put Cloudflare in dev mode and it made no difference so I don’t know what the story is with that.

Anyway, we still don’t know why this top part is showing up on what was a blank template…

{{dc:term:description}} is not the correct meta for the subtitle. Description is something different.

Hey @co50,

Please provide us with your WP details so that we can investigate your issue further. It would be nice if you could set the role of the given WP access as an Admin. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

All set. Secure note updated.

I wanted to add that we continue to experience baffling issues with layouts not being served. Both the Product Single and Product Archive layouts are serving old versions that don’t exist anymore. We’ve cleared and disabled every cache at the WP and server level and it continues to serve old non-existent layouts.

Hello @co50,

The yellow encircled area is the Landmark Header which is part of the default header. I have checked the site and you have not assigned any custom header. By the way, to display the Archive, you can use the {{dc:archive:meta key="archive-title"}} dynamic content.

Best regards.

Again, I am asking for the archive SUB title, not the archive title.

Hey @co50,

You can use this dynamic contents:

• Archive title: {{dc:archive:meta key="archive-title"}}
  • Archive Subtitle: {{dc:archive:meta key="archive-subtitle"}}

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.