Widget display control missing in WordPress 5.8.2

Hi there,

I am not sure if that is the right place for that request but maybe you could answer that question.

We use different widgets in our sidebar (e. g. person of contact for job offers, different persons of contact for different topics). Until WordPress 5.8.2 we used the widget display control to activate the different persons of contact for specific subpages or areas. In WordPress 5.8.2 that widgets have become legacy widgets and we no longer have the option widget display control.

Do you probably have an idea how to solve that?

Best regards

Hi @knowmates,

Thanks for reaching out.
It will be very difficult to understand what problem you are having, I would suggest you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that help us to recognize the problem.
I would like to request you to activate the default theme like Twenty Twenty and check if that issue exists or not. If that does not exist, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello @tristup,
I just tried activating the default theme Twenty Twenty but it did not make a change. The widget display control is still missing. Please have a look at the attachments and secure note for more information.

Best regards

Hi @knowmates,

I have checked your website and it seems that you are having a similar issue mentioned in the following thread.

The reported issue in WordPress: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53789
The solution is given: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53789#comment:7

I have also found that you are still using the older version PHP i.e. 7.2.14, I would suggest you check our Version Compatibility page and update the PHP version to the recommended one.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello @tristup,

we just tried installing the Classic Widgets plugin and it works. Thank you!

Best regards

Hi @knowmates,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.