Why is this happening?

Hello, our website was doing just fine but I noticed that after the recent autoupdates to the newest version of X and Cornerstone, some things have unexpectedly shifted on our site, and I can’t figure out why it happened … or how to fix it.

If you go to https://www.springbranch.org and scroll down to the second section “Welcome Home”, you’ll notice that the row with the headline and the two buttons have all shifted to the left. I tried going in and centering the rows and then the columns, and nothing I do will take. Why did this suddenly happen and why are the controls non-responsive to fix it? There’s also an unexplainable gap between sections 2 and 3 that was never there before and I can’t figure out how to get rid of it.

If you scroll down four more sections to the Worship With Us section, you’ll notice once again the same issue with our four distinct columns all bumping into each other.

Please help me figure out why this happened when no one touched the site, and why I can’t seem to make it go back to the way it was.

Hello @braoudap,

Thanks for writing in!

We have checked your site and we can see that you are using the X theme 8.3.2 with the latest Cornerstone 6.0.8 plugin. Please update your X theme to version 9.0.8 because this is the compatible version of the latest Cornerstone.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using Endurance Page Cache, WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If the above solution does not help, kindly provide us access to your site for further inspection. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Looks like that fixed it. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Glad we could help,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.