What is this plugin? installatron_hide_status_test?

Strangely enough after activating some plugins that come with X, like Custom404 and Email Forms, there is a new plugin auto-installed under new section “Must-Use” that wasn’t there before.

Under it is a plugin called installatron_hide_status_test.php

Can you please explain where did this come from and why it is there?

Thank you

Hello Rain,

Thanks for posting in! I have logged in to your site (using the credentials in your previous post). We could not find the installatron_hide_status_test.php file or plugin. It could be coming from a 3rd party plugin or your browser extension. Can you please post a screenshot with it?

Best Regards.

Hello!

I’ve added screenshot below. Since installing X theme, I have not downloaded any plugins myself… so I am unsure where it may have come from.

Hi Rain,

To better help you with your concern, we need to check what’s the code inside the installatron_hide_status_test.php. Please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I’ve added the secure note.

Hi Rain,

Thanks for providing all the credentials but we can’t see the code for installatron_hide_status_test.php while just using the WP admin dashboard. In order for us to check it properly, we need to have FTP access.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.