Weird layout after theme update

Hello,

I’ve cloned the site to staging area, updated the theme from 6.2.5 to the latest 6.3.8 and I’m facing 2 issues:

1. After the update I can’t see some of the content in the back end (still visible on front end)
  2. Page layout is messed up.

You can check the difference on the live site: https://carecleanessex.co.uk/ (theme v.6.2.5) and staging site: https://staging1.carecleanessex.co.uk/ (theme v. 6.3.8)

Can you please help because I have no idea what could be the issue and I need the latest theme version.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Hello @stevewild,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the staging server, please try out following solutions:

1. I see that you are using WP Rocket plugin. Please clear WP Rocket cache and try loading the website again. https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/53-clear-wp-rocket-cache
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
Cleared cache (wp-rocket and cloudflare), disabled all plugins but still no luck.
Any other idea?

Cheers

Hi Steve,

I toggled on the X integration in visual composer and it’s still the same. From what version you have upgraded your theme, cornerstone, and visual composer? Could you try re-creating your staging without updating them so I could try it myself?

Plus, in your live site, your cornerstone is updated to 3.3.6 and visual composer to 5.5.4 so there shouldn’t be any layout issue in your staging since the staging has 3.3.8 and 5.5.5 which is almost the same (with few adjustment and fixes that aren’t related to visual composer layout).

Thanks!

Hello,

I’ve cloned the live site to staging 2 so you can try to update the theme

Hi There,

Navigate to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General Settings and disable the “Legacy X Integration”.

Regarding the missing content in visual composer, please increase your PHP memory limit, if it did not work, please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello,

The content is missing if “Legacy X Integration” is disabled.
With “Legacy X Integration” enabled the content is there but the whole page is not centered, it’s on the left side.

Your colleague Rad asked for staging2 area with logins so he can try to update the theme but I don’t see any changes. Have you tried to update theme on staging2?

Cheers

Hi,

We can’t update staging2 as it is not validate. Can you add it as your staging site under your license page.

or you can provide us FTP Login in Secure Note so we can manually update though FTP.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I’ve validated the theme on staging2. Please try now.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Hi Steve,

I just updated Visual Composer, X theme, and Cornestone in your second staging and it works okay, the layout and content are perfectly fine. Please check again.

Thanks!

That’s great. How did you updated Visual Composer, X theme, and Cornestone?

Hi Steve,

I just updated the theme through Admin > Dashboard > Updates (do theme update first). Then updated the cornerstone and visual composer through Admin > Plugins by clicking update link.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.