Weird issue on Slider element since update 6.0

Hello,

I am facing a weird issue on a new website i built in the end of last year with PRO 5.XXX and that is now running PRO 6.XXX

Since the update, i can not see my sliders anymore. This only happens in CORNERSTONE. While visiting the website, everything seems fine.

Is it a known issue ? Is there a way to know what is happening ?

Troubleshooting :
1/ De-activating all plugin / re-activation : Done
2/ Updating everything : Done
3/ PHP is up to date.
4/ PRO is up to date.
5/ Tried to create a new page and put one of the old slider in (as template) : Does not work.
6 / Creating a new slider on a old page : Does not work.
7/ Creation a new slider on a old page : Works properly, but if at any point i put an old slider to this page, all the sliders will suddenly stop appearing.
8/ All cache / Cornerstone cache / CDN cleared.

Note : I can still hover over the slider element and the slides. They are just not “appearing” properly.
I tried to see if it was a Z-index thing, but it does not seems to be.

Could you please help me ?

Thank you very much.

Hello @Thaelys,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site settings it seems that there are some JS console errors, it seems that it is not properly updated. I would please follow these steps.

1. Activate the default WordPress theme.
  2. Deactivate the Pro theme and delete it.
  3. Download the fresh copy of the Pro theme from the Themeco account.
  4. Now reinstall the Pro theme and then check it again.

If none of those work, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I’ve had the same problem since updating to Pro 6 a few weeks ago. There are two stacked slider elements that look fine on the website, but don’t preview in Cornerstone. However, the internal elements of the sliders (text, image, pagination, etc.) are all reactive when hovered over and will bring up the appropriate editing parameters if the blank space is clicked on.

I also tested a new stacked slider on a fresh page and had the same issues. Images or color on the slider wrapper / container backgrounds will display in Cornerstone… but all the elements in the slider itself are reactive, yet blank (with the excepton of the ‘arrows’ which did preview.)

The only fix attempted so far was to disable all the plug-ins which had no effect…

Hey @ajonesx,

Thanks for reaching out!

It would be best to create your own thread to address your issue properly and on the other thread, please give us the following information in a Secure Note in the new thread.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Page URL where the slider element is located

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.