Website Works but ThemeCo Editor with Cornerstone is Blank

Hello,

I am in a real bind. I have just downloaded the new version of Themeco X and my client and I were very excited about it! I have also been telling other friends about it as well in the Nashville area. I ran into one problem, I can’t edit through Cornerstone anymore. I can look at the site, look at the editing view as well, but when I click on a section/block/layout to edit it it acts as if it is about to let me edit it and then the entire site preview turns empty. We just launched a major campaign and this is really bad for us. Can anyone help? As you can see, the editing screen under the header pic is blank. No layout, no anything.

Aaron

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 3.58.43 PM

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks for replying @marc_a , this gives me hope that you guys are the kind of brand and company I can stick with. Let me do some checking, and then circle back with you per your recommendations.

Hi Aaron,

Just let us know how it goes so that we can help you troubleshoot your issue.

Thank you.

Thanks, just sent you a secure note to you!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for sharing your credentials.

When I check your website, I guess you built your page outside the Cornerstone Builder that’s why you can’t edit them inside the builder. You need to re-create the page inside the Cornerstone Builder so that it will be editable using the Builder because data saved outside the builder will not be saved and editable inside the builder.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply, my understanding is that it was built within the Cornerstone builder, but an older version. After the update happened we couldn’t edit within it. Is there a reason you are thinking it was built outside of the editor?

Hi Aaron,

Sometimes it usually happened when someone accidentally edited the page outside the Cornerstone that’s why I was thinking it was built outside the Cornerstone. As you said it was built with an older version of X theme then it has a incompatibility issue with the latest version of X. Even though I tried to restore the revision from years ago but the issue is still persists, so I conclude it has something to do with incompatibility content.

On the other hand, I suggest that you will create a new homepage and build it from the scratch using the V2 elements for this time around it will compatible with the current version of Cornerstone.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Mark, thanks for taking the time here to work with us!
I paid for the Pro theme from Theme X with the discounted rate, and it doesn’t how up in X, if I can access the Pro theme, could this help? This is what it is supposed to look like, but me and my client don’t see it at all. We purchased it because it was supposed to give us a better overall experience.

Hello Aaron,

After you have upgraded to the Pro theme, you will have to download it and install it on your site. The Pro theme must be activated too. For more details, kindly check out the documentation here:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.