Website with extremely long wait time!

Upon loading the website (www.quadinfotech.com), the wait time communication with the server is painfully slow.
After talking to the host and updating the database, server, plugins, theme, WordPress and refreshing the server and database the website is still ridiculously slow.
The only thing remaining now is WordPress and the theme (Cornerstone). Can anyone please help me in finding a solution to this issue?? Why is the response time between the website and the server is so slow (see image below)

Thank you in advance!

Hello @quadinfotech,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Yes, the response and load time is indeed a bit slow of your website. I checked your website on Pingdom and average load time is around 3.51s and page size 2.9mb.

I suggest you to take a look at the suggestions mentioned in the test result. Along with that please take a look at our performance optimization guide.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

I have checked the pingdom results and have corrected as much to my knowledge as possible.
I don’t quite understand the rest thou, except for the image optimization.

Will take a look at your documentation and hopefully, that will boost the website performance.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Oh yes, another thing that is even slower is Cornerstone page loader.
Every single page I want to edit, it can take up to 3 even 5mn for the WYSIWYG page to appear.
Even at times it never loads. Like right now I am trying to edit the Our Customer page and it’s not loading so I am stuck in limbo.
While waiting, The only things visible is the left column and the heartbeat of the Cornerstone logo!

What is causing it to be so slow!?

Just went through the documentation and nothing happened…
Also, I am unable to edit any pages with Cornerstone. Just stuck on the Heartbeat of the Cornerstone logo

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in again!
The issue may be due to several reason. Can you please check the following first.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi Basanta,

Thank you for getting back to me.

1. Yes, that was one of the first things I did.
  2. Done that too previously to contacting you
  3. We are not using any CDN
  4. Done… still nothing.
  5. This I do not know how to do it? Because CSS is scattered everywhere in Cornerstone. Either in Custom, style or in the body. Any js file, I have no clue how to delete them.
  6. Done
  7. Done

Even after all of these except 5, the website is unacceptable.

The main issue thou that appears at each time on all the website performance tools is that the wait time is what is causing all of this. It’s extremely unstable. I can go from 2.9 to 60 seconds. Once the wait time is over the website loads lightning fast.

Hello @quadinfotech,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share website login details in a secure note for us to take a more closer look? Also please give us permission to test your website. We are not allowed to fiddle with customer website without taking due permission. In case issue is still there, please give us the permission to test things further. I would like to let you know that while we are testing, website may have issues temporarily.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thank you so much!
Yes of course.
Please find the access code in secure note

Let me know if you have any questions

Hi @quadinfotech,

The site is loading just fine on my end, about 6 seconds. But yes, I can confirm the builder is loading with the time of 15mins for first 5 tries. Then on 6th up to 10th try, it loads almost instantly. Then now, it doesn’t load at all.

Are you on shared hosting? It could be the processing power of your host environment. Even just visiting the admin dashboard could take 10mins in some cases. Perhaps your host could provide some insight as what part is using much resources? I would recommend testing it on another host too, I’m not saying it’s really a host issue but just for comparison.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.