Website very slow

Hej there,

I am using Theme X Pro a lot.
But I have big trouble with one website of a client:

It is very slow, but the webspace is quiet good.
I tried a lot. I found out that Theme X Pro itself is slowing down the website.
Its quiet unusual and I spend a lot of time searching for the problem.
I know the images are very large, but that is not the issue.

Do you have any idea whats causing this problem?
Even in the admin area its takeing arround 6–10 sec TTFB!?

Hopefully you could give me some hints.
Best wishes
Carlo

Hello @carlomue,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and yes website seems to be loading slow. I also ran a speed test on Pindom and there the average load time is around 10 secs. To start with I suggest you to please take a look at our performance optimization guide to speed up the load time of website.

Here’s the test result:

In case problem is still there, please share website URL and admin login details in secure note for us to take a closer look at the website.

Thanks.

Hello @Prasant!

Thank you very much for your answer.
I know this article very well – its bookmarked and part of the process of every website I produce with Theme X.

I already installed W3 TOTAL CACHE, made GZip optimiziations and compressed the images.
Now I installed two different caching plugins but there is a performance issue without this optimizations.

I already used pingdom, gtmetrics, pagespeed to mesure this issue.
I use the plugin Query Monitor and it is showing often slow querys.

I dont have Problems like that with my other Theme X websites at the same hosting provider.

It would be great if you could have a closer look in the admin area.

Hope you could help.
Best wishes
Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for your reply. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I would need to mention that the speed optimization is outside of our support scope and our recommendation is what we mentioned in the article that you already know about.

The fact that you use our theme on the same hosting on different websites and it is ok and the other fact that the admin area is also slow, show that our theme is not the bottleneck of the problem that you are experiencing. But that does not prevent us to dig a little bit more to help you out and try to give some hints for your research. Here are the points that I suggest you follow:

• I checked the admin area and you have about 17 active plugins. I would disable all of them and test the case. If there is a huge improvement, then I would activate them one by one to see which plugin is the bottleneck.
  • I checked the website with the GtMetrix and followed the Waterfall tab. The bottleneck is not even the theme or front end of the website. The backend is the problem, it takes a long time to get the initial response from the server and that shows either the server is busy (Which might be true but you said you have a good hosting) or there is a huge amount of backend tasks that cause the server to calculate too much and have that low performance. Here is a detailed breakdown of the case:

I would consult with the hosting service provider as they can give you the details of the tasks that run in the backend to identify the bottleneck. I also performed a Google search which might help you with your research.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.