Website "sticking" when scrolling: part II

I asked this question before, and I never quite got it resolved. I am having trouble with the website “sticking” when you scroll back up towards the top. It is fine when you scroll down, but it takes a second or two too long when you scroll back up the page. In my previous post about this, there was a video posted by the support who answered my question, and I commented where the sticking happens in the video to help better bring light to the problem I am seeing. I have never had this happen with any of my other sites, and it is not a “gap height” issue either as I have tried setting that to 0 already. The following URL is the website I am working with! I greatly appreciate you all!

http://pumphouse.flywheelsites.com/

Hi @cderek99,

Thanks for reaching out!

I already see your comment on the video I posted on the other thread. Would you mind sharing your admin credential to check your settings? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Alrighty - I sent that secure note!

Hi Chad,

This is actually a common issue with a bar that is set relative and set to sticky.

The best solution I can see for this is to duplicate your first bar (Desktop), do not set the original bar as sticky.

Make the duplicated bar as the dedicated sticky bar. Set this duplicate bar to Hide Initially so they don’t show with the original one at the same time. These two bars will have a smooth transition resolving the issue.

Another advantage of this is you can style the sticky bar separately as it looks like right now it is taking too much real estate on the monitor.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Fixed. Thank you SO much! I truly appreciate your quick responses and thorough help.

Hi Chad,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.