Website Login error

Hello when i try to login to my site this error shows:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/plf-filter.php:128 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): Plf_filter::active_plugins(false) #1 /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array) #2 /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-includes/option.php(81): apply_filters(‘pre_option_acti…’, false, ‘active_plugins’, Array) #3 /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(532): get_option(‘active_plugins’, Array) #4 /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/updates/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php(1828): is_plugin_active(‘advanced-custom…’) #5 /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/updates/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php(1796): TGM_Plugin_Activation->is_plugin_active(‘advanced-custom…’) #6 /home/custom in /home/customer/www/aquantum.gr/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/plf-filter.php on line 128

edit I found that the problem was the plugin load filter, when is updated to version 4 it crashes the login and cannot login.

Hi Stella,

Thanks for reaching out.

First thing you will need to do is to rename the mu-plugins folder via FTP or CPANEL.

Then I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Why do I have to rename the mu-plugins folder and in what name do I have to rename it?
as I said on my first post, the problem occurs when the plugin Plugin Load Filter is updated to version 4
everything else is updated and working correctly.

Hello Stella

You can temporarily rename the mu-plugin to get rid of the fatal error that you have mentioned. if you rename the plugin it would forcefully deactivate the plugin and your Fatal error will be removed then you can try to login into your WordPress Dashboard. After that, you can perform the troubleshooting steps for third-party plugin conflict and other troubleshooting guides as mentioned by @cramaton.

You can add any name to the plugin or it would better if can add “_” in the plugin folder name so that you can remember which plugin you have renamed, for example, your plugin name is mu-plugin so it would be like mu-plugin_

Thanks

Sorted out, the plugin got an update and it solved the problem!
thank you

Hello Stella

Glad to know that things are well for you.

Have a great day
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.