Website is broken with New Wordpress, New X, and all plugins off

Please let me know what to do to troubleshoot.

screenshot of live preview attached

Hi @richardcreative,

Thank you for writing in, it seems you switch to a different theme at the moment. Please switch back to X (or PRO) theme and clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache).

Also, please check the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) in Settings > General if its the correct URL.

If the issue, persists please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Thanks! We’ve switched it back to a fresh install of X and the problem as seen in the live preview still exists. Cleared caching, as well as checked the URLs and those are good but the page is still broken. Will shoot you the login info in a secure note in just a sec.

Should mention that X is not validated, as the validation page is broken. I’d be glad to provide the license number if needed.

Hello Richard,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and looks like you haven’t installed Cornerstone which is a required plugin to run X Theme. Please visit X menu in the backend to automatically install X Theme.

In case there’s some issues, you can manually install X Theme also. All that needs to be done is download latest version of Cornerstone from members area (download link shared in secure note also) and install from Plugins > Add New in website backend.

Thanks.

Thank you, I’ve installed & activated the cornerstone plugin that you sent and the site is still broken.

Hello @richardcreative,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Upon inspecting the website in dev tools I see that the CSS file is missing from server. Here’s the error message that I see:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) https://readlola.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/css/site/stacks/ethos.css?ver=6.5.6  

As the CSS file is missing from the server it won’t load the style properly.

To resolve this,either you can delete the theme and do a reinstallation from Appearance > Themes. Once you delete the theme, you can download fresh copy of X Theme from members area or Themeforest and install the same following the instructions from our theme installation guide:

Another option would be to download the copy of X Theme and extract the zip file. Under /x/framework/dist/css/site/stacks/ copy ethos.css file and upload the same file to server using FTP software like Filezilla under /wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/css/site/stacks/.

To get started with Filezilla, you can refer following resource:

Thanks.

Thanks! In cpanel, I can see the file named “ethos.css” in that folder. Just in case, I went ahead and downloaded it from the theme’s folder, and saved over the existing file. The site is still not working.

Hello @RichardCreative,

I have checked the CSS and JS files in X and Cornerstone plugin. All the files are present in its respective locations. it just that the server is not loading the files. This issue could possible because of your site URL settings or server settings. You might be interested in this links:

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.