Website homepage looks different while editing and live

Hi there!
When I am editing the homepage of my website it looks differently then when I see it live. The spacing is different and columns change. So I tried to fix it by changing things, but it doesn’t make a difference. Do you know what can be the problem?

Hi Anja,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affect your preview and live look differently.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hey Anja,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your homepage and found out the issue is with the second section (Personal Space) which is breaking the entire page, either the content in this section has a syntax error or there could be a structural error.

I verified this by importing your homepage template in a new page and just deleted the second section and the page was displaying correctly (see secure note for the link). I’d suggest you to delete the second section and re-create it, it seems to be corrupted.

Cheers!

Thank you! I am glad you found the problem! It was frustrating. But now I can finally make it all work. Thanks again.
Bye!

Hi Anja,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.