WC Archive w/ Off Canvas Filter - Not filtering

Hello,

I’m using your included minimalist WC Archive template and have added a separate row outside of the “products” row and placed my off-canvas with a widget area containing my product filters. (Section>Row>Column>Off-Canvas>Widget Area). On the front end, the off-canvas pops open, and I can interact with the filters, but they do not filter my products.

My guess is the off-canvas needs to somehow use the looper provider and or the looper consumer so the widget filter nested in the off-canvas has a connection to the products on the archive page.

Could someone advise on how to get this to function properly?

Thanks!

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that in custom Archive layouts, you only need to have the Looper Consumer. No need to have a Looper Provider because WordPress will have its own loop running in the archive pages. We just need to consume it into the layout. To better assist you with your issue, please provide access to your site so we can check your custom WC archive layout instead. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

All the information is attached. Thank you.

The Layout in question is “WC Archive Layout - G Custom”, and is already assigned

Hi Geoff,

I have checked your website and found that WooCommerce Product Search is a 3rd Party plugin which is showing the filtration options in the Off Canvas. It seems that the options in the dropdowns are not working properly. As this is a 3rd Party plugin and we don’t have control over the code, I would suggest you contact the Plugin Author and let us know the feedback from them.
I would also suggest you activate any default theme like TwentyTwenty and check if that resolves your problem or not. If not, please inform the Plugin Author of this. If activating the default theme resolves your problem, there might be some different reasons behind your reason. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1. Theme Related Issue
  2. Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update related issue
  4. Child Theme Related issue
  5. CSS/JS Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

The plugin WooComerce Product Search works fine with the standard WooCommerce Archive pages, it’s only when I use the Cornerstone template for WC Archive Page - Minimalist that it stops working.

The plugin WooCommerce Product Search is not necessarily important. So to remove this from the equation, I attempted to use the standard WooCommerce widget Filter Products by Attribute. I moved the widget into a WooCommerce widget area and then assigned it under Off Canvas in a Widget Area. I got the same results - products do not filter.

To rule out any plugin conflict, I have disabled all plugins. The issue persists.

The problem I am trying to solve here is Product Filtering on the various product category pages. The WC Archive Layout is great, but where I have so many products I need a way for my customers to filter them by their attributes.

1. Is there a way cornerstone can filter products by a user selected product attribute (manufacturer, color, size etc) - perhaps there’s a way to do this without the need for any WooCommerce widgets or plugins?

2. How do I get the standard WooCommerce widgets to tie into the looper using your canned WC Archive Layout?

Lastly - when I enable the Looper Consumer in the Off Canvas, cornerstone locks up, and the front end page will not load until the Looper Consumer is disabled.

All Staging Site Login Info is contained in a secure note in my first reply. It’s there if you need it.

Update - Within your WC Archive - Minimalist Layout, if I drop the widget area with my filters within the Products Row, the filtration works correctly. It’s only when the filtration options are placed outside of this row that it’s not working.

It is my understanding that anything within the Products Row is using the Looper Consumer. Where I’m using the Off Canvas or Widget Area outside the Products Row, how do I get them to communicate? Is this possible?

Putting the Off Canvas or Widget Area inside the Products Row has a poor appearance as it affects the product layout.

Any suggestions?

Hi Geoff,

That is not possible directly to communicate to the Looper Consumer from outside. If you are using the Query String in the Looper Provider, you can try adding a few parameters into the URL and get that using the Dynamic Content to use in the Query String. If you are not proficient in this, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called Elite service, where we offer complex customization

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.