W3 code validator errors --2 errors and 36 warnings on home page alone!

I am very surprised with the results of the W3 code validator. I have only used Cornerstone and a few plugins to build and I have 2 errors and 36 warnings: **Error : Element style not allowed as child of element body in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)**WARNING: The type attribute for the style element is not needed and should be omitted. Another WARNING: The type attribute is unnecessary for JavaScript resources.

THIS is slowing down page loading speed and losing site ranking. How is it possible to have such inaccurate code out of the box? How can I clean it?

Hello @amadeus7,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of custom code or plugin conflict issue, broken HTML issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

In case you to optimize the site speed, please note website speed performance depends upon many factors fr example.

1. Choose a better web hosting provider
  2. Reduce image sizes
  3. Minify JS and CSS files
  4. Use advanced caching mechanisms with a caching plugin
  5. Use a CDN
  6. Cleanup WordPress database etc.

You can check our doc to learn more about how to improve website performance.

You may check our video tutorial as well

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.