Video Player Controls and Time Rail Adjustments

Hey Guys,

I’m adjusting the colors of the video player controls and having a bit of difficulty. I’d like to make the controls/time rail background transparent… I can see where to change its color (see image - I made it purple to test), but when I set it to transparent, it is black (see second image). I thought maybe black is the default color of the entire video frame (so a transparent time rail background would simply show the background color of the video player itself, but when I adjust the background of the video Frame to transparent, the time rail is still black (see third image)…

Is there a way I can remove the controller background, so only the play/sound/full screen icons and progress bar etc. are visible, with no background bar visible?

Thanks!

Hello @jonathanrockett,

Thanks for writing in! I have investigated the issue and I cannot replicate it on my local testing installation. It may be occurring on end only. Try to set the opacity to 50% or at least 10% and see if it displays a semi-transparent background color.

If you are still having the issue, we would love to check your video settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks @ruenel - That worked. When I select ‘transparent’ the control bar background is black, but if I select an actual color and simply turn the opacity down all the way it becomes transparent - Didn’t think of trying that :slight_smile:

Cheers,

-Jonathan

Hey Jonathan,

We’re glad that my colleague was able to help you with your issue! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.