Video Not Displaying

Hi, I am not sure why, but both the Classic Video player and the V2Video Player won’t display the video:
https://neuvector.colorado-dev.com/videos/secure-containers-in-service-mesh-istio/

I have them added via ACF and metadata, just like the other info on the page

you will need the pass for access, added in secure note

Hi Riceman,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I checked all of that… i cant seem to find an issue with theme, plugins, etc.

Hi @coloradodesigngroup,

Thanks for the credentials but, regretfully, this particular customization request is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself.

Thank you for your understanding.

Let me try and offer some more information.

When I add a link to the page NOT using ACF, the link does work. But when I am using ACF the video does not show… could there be a conflict with Pro and ACF regarding the video element?

Not Using ACF:
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 5.35.32 AM

Using ACF:
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 5.36.49 AM

Additionally I noticed that I get the “controls” (in green) when I use a Youtube Link, but they do no show when I use a Vimeo link. Is this a bug?

Hi Riceman,

For some reason the dynamic ACF code is not working on the player option. Here’s another workaround in your dynamic ACF, in your Video Page ACF field change the Video Type from Url to Text, then into your video pages, just add the video number in the Video URL page. Then add this iframe code in your video embed option.
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/{{dc:acf:field field="video_url"}}?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Regarding the green controls, the Vimeo control is not customizable that is the reason why they have different controls like Youtube.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Ah, perfect workaround - thank you!

And I see now why we cant style Vimeo, thanks again.

You are most welcome.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to create a new thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.