Video controls not visible on live website

Hello, I have deployed a video on my home page with controls and cover page enabled. Everything works fine on my development server (image-1). After moving to the live server, the controls are no longer visible and the video does not play (image-2). I have disabled other plugins, cleared cache, etc, but none of that does anything. For test I have embedded a video from Youtube, there everything works. Where is the problem?

Site: https://flashaar.de/

Kind regards, Peter

Hey Peter,

Thanks for reaching out!

It seems that you are done with the basic troubleshooting procedures and the issue still persists. Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check on your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Peter,

I have checked your website and that the video you are using is not available in the path you mentioned. Although I have checked with a valid video file from your website and seems that is not working too for some reason. I have checked that video in my local environment and found it is working. It seems that there might be some different reason behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello Tristup, I have corrected the wrong link, but that doesn’t help either. I think the error is on my server. Everything works fine in my local development environment. I will delete the page on the server and reinstall it completely. Maybe that will help.

Kind REGARDS

Peter

Hi Peter,

Please let us know how that works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.