Video background Not Playing - Daku Aquatics

I am using a video background in the “Who Is Daku Aquatics” section on the homepage. I have tried to add it as both an mp4 and mov file. It only hows the poster and never plays the video. I have tried it in multiple browsers.

https://contourbeta.com/daku

Update: So i figured out it has some kind of conflict with Jetpack. It’s a very common plugin so Im not sure why that would be. I believe I need jetpack activated for woocommerce tax. I usually dont use it but in this case I might need it.

Hi @Contourandco,

It is not just with the theme. The Jetpack plugin cache the video for faster loading. In some cases, the cache is out of date and got stuck. This is the limitation of the plugin as it is explained in this article:

On the other hand, if you really wanted to use the Jetpack plugin, I suggest that you downgrade your Jetpack version to 9.8.1 as it is stated by one of the customers that it is working on that version.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I dont have the site accelerator enabled.

Hi @Contourandco,

The issue is coming from the Jetpack plugin and one of the customers confirmed it, it would be best if you contact the plugin developer for further assistance. In the meantime, as I have suggested above, you can use Jetpack version 9.8.1 because that version is still stable with our products.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.