Version 5 Update Crashes a Legacy Page Build

Hi,

After updating to V5.0.1 from V4.3.3 our home page came up with an error. Would not show any content. Page is built with the Pro Builder.

I did not copy the specific error message, but it was an undefined variable message regarding “Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Shortcode_Preserver” It specifically related to line 104 on file public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/element/class-element-front-end.php
This section:

(line 103) if ($content_entity->get_is_legacy()) {
(line 104) $element_output = cs_dynamic_content( do_shortcode( $content ) );
} else {
$populated = $this->elementService->loadEntity( $content_entity );
$this->elementService->registerEntityStyles( $content_entity );
foreach ($populated[0] as $region) {
if ( $region[’_region’] === ‘content’) {

The page rendered fine when editing or viewing in Pro builder, but on the front end, it only had that error message. The rest of the page elements rendered fine (header/footer/nav).

Page is (hidden)

I did not test ALL pages, just a couple other than this. I did not see any errors - but I was kind of rushing so I could have missed things.

Thanks.

Hello @arizonius,

Thanks for writing in! After the updates, please make sure that the debug mode is disabled. And also, please make sure that you have overwritten all the Pro theme files especially if you are updating manually. It is best that you temporarily delete the Pro theme in Appearance > Themes and install a fresh copy of the Pro theme.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

We would be happy to investigate the issue further. Do you have a staging site where we can check your issue? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your staging site
– WP staging login URL
– WP staging username
– WP staging password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I pretty much did all of those things.

1. Initial upgrade was done with the automatic updater. After site crashed, I deleted the entire theme and installed latest version from scratch. No change.

2. I disabled all plugins. No change. That includes all caching and CDN functionality.

3. PHP memory limit is already set pretty high.

I did not look for a debug mode option in the Theme settings. I’ll try this again, and look for that setting. If that fixes the issue, I’ll report back here. If not, I’ll send you the login details.

Thanks!

Hello @arizonius,

Our developers have just released an update several hours ago. Please make sure that you are using Pro theme 5.0.4. If you have a staging site, we highly recommend that you test the updates in your staging site first to avoid disrupting your live site.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.